Complimentary liqueur for White chocolate Mousseline
Posted: 09 April 2008 10:50 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  26
Joined  2008-03-04

What would be a nice liqueur to flavor the White Chocolate variation of the Mousseline BC from TCB?  I’m not fond of orange/citrusy flavors and my favorite Kahlua would overpower the white chocolate flavor. Any suggestions? 

I could also just use vanilla, right?  How much should I use for the standard Mousseline recipe?

BTW I’m making this for my boy’s 16th birthday. Any suggestions for a theme?  My dh suggested a sheet cake decorated to look like a driver’s license I find sheet cakes so boring. Besides, he can’t get a license yet as we’re not living in the US at this time. Funny how I already know the cake and flavors and yet have no idea of what the finished cake should look like! Suggestions welcome!  He’s a big,  hunky 16 year old who loves basketball, video games and his girlfriend.

TIA

Posted: 10 April 2008 05:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1419
Joined  2007-11-15

I would add Absolute Vodka which imparts no taste, just a small kick and the wonderful smoothness/emulsification on the mousseline.

Signature 

http://myyellowkitchen.com/index-equipment-html/

Posted: 10 April 2008 10:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2568
Joined  2007-11-15

For vanilla buttercream - add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract for every 2 cups of bc (from Dede Wilson’s Wedding Cake Book).

Signature 

Come visit my blog at

http://butteryum.blogspot.com

Posted: 12 April 2008 03:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  865
Joined  2008-03-09

I love the flavour of cognac with the white chocolate mousseline!

Sorry, nothing immediately springs to mind about the design. I’d surf the ‘net, if I were you. Lots of websites out there with beautiful pictures to give you ideas.

Posted: 15 April 2008 09:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  26
Joined  2008-03-04

Thanks!

I need two batches of mousseline. I followed hector’s suggestion of adding vodka, only to realize I used Absolut citron!  Grrrrr. Made the BC a bit bitter. So I added about 4 oz of peanut butter to make a peanut butter filling and it was wonderful.

For the 2nd batch, I followed Patrincia’s suggestion but added enough rum to make up the 3 oz of fluid called for in the recipe. Tasted divine!

The final cake flavor is now White chocolate (using Golden Luxury Butter Cake recipe) with pb filling and white choco frosting. I made a topsy turvy cake and the GLBC carved beautifully. I’m finishing it today by attaching fondant accents and hope to post a picture when it’s done.

‹‹ Fruit puree.      Lemon curd as a filling ››