So, as the cake spot has been snagged at an upcoming birthday (grrrr), I’m going to make that yummy-looking peanut butter tart from the blog, but I must first buy a tart pan.
So I have ze questions, if anyone has ze answers:
1. Should I go ahead and get a 2” deep one, so I could then use for cakes for that wonderful rippled edge.
2. Do I correctly assume it’s better to get removable bottom?
3. Do I correctly assume it’s better to avoid non-stick?
4. I’m seeing Fat Daddio on Amazon—how’s that for brand? They’re adonized aluminum: http://www.amazon.com/Fat-Daddios-Fluted-Removable-Bottom/dp/B001VEI088/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1296334044&sr=8-9
5. They have 8” and 10”. Could I bake your usual 9” cake in a 10” pan using 1.23x everything, or is 10” considered too big a diameter?
Any other thoughts would be much appreciated!!!