SIZE of food processor
Posted: 06 February 2011 04:49 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  32
Joined  2010-11-29

We’ve decided to get a Cuisinart but having trouble deciding what size. I think a 7 cup would be too small. 14 cup costs way too much. Price on the 9 cup seems right ($129 on amazon plus free shipping) and I’m leaning that way, but I just want to make sure that isn’t too small too. What would I need an 11 cup for that a 9 cup couldn’t do? Any thoughts?

Posted: 08 February 2011 05:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2010-11-19

Get the biggest one they have. If you have to save up a bit more, wait. The biggest allows you to make Rose’s Burger bun recipe in a snap. You can make a big loaf of bread too.

Posted: 12 February 2011 08:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  32
Joined  2010-11-29

I think I’ve decided on the Cuisinart Elite Collection 12 cup. It’s not the monster 14 cup but should be big enough for anything I can imagine, and also comes with a 4 cup bowl. Really, my only concern is that I can’t imagine everything I will do with it (although in another thread many of you listed several things you do with yours). Perhaps I will start making more things (particularly in the evenings) that I never do, such as scalloped potatoes. On Amazon it’s gotten really good reviews although there are some not so great but that’s true with all the models. So I think I’ll take the plunge!  ohh