Lemon Meringue pie storage
Posted: 11 February 2011 01:51 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  939
Joined  2009-09-16

I just finished making Rose’s Lemon meringue pie from the pie and pastry bible.  She says it can be stored 1 day at room temperature or 3 days refridgerated.

It is now almost 1:00pm and we will probably be eating it around 6:00pm tomorrow.  It will be a few hours over 24 hours.  Do you think it will be fine at room temperature until then or should I put it in the fridge and take it out tomorrow at let it come to room temperature?

Posted: 11 February 2011 04:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1088
Joined  2009-05-26

Liza, I’ve never made the lemon meringue pie, but I’ve made the cake (from RHC). Since it’s more than 1 day, I think you should refrigerate it. It should be okay refrigerated - the meringue will stay (won’t disintegrate).
Are you going to take pictures? smile

Signature 

http://www.knittybaker.blogspot.com/

Posted: 11 February 2011 05:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-16

Thanks Jenn.  I will take some pictures and post them later.  I have to try and get a slice picture.  I haven’t been able to do that yet since we are eating it tomorrow.  I wonder if my in-laws would mind a piece missing from their pie tomorrow.  LOL  Alright, I’ll wait until tomorrow.  Hopefully I won’t forget to take one.  I always forget.

I’m at work right now, so I will get my husband to put the pie in the fridge when he gets home.  I’m alittle worried though, I saw a few droplets ontop of the meringue before I left for work.

Posted: 11 February 2011 06:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3128
Joined  2010-04-25

Someone mentioned a silica gel packet once, and I thought it was a great idea.  Maybe you could tape one to the top of your dome?  I don’t know if it would have an adverse drying effect in certain cases, so disclaimer disclaimer disclaimer…

Posted: 11 February 2011 07:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-16

Very interesting idea Anne.  I just might try it.  As long as it doesn’t touch the pie, it should be safe.

‹‹ Pie crust shrinks      Meringue problems ››