Chocolate cake with Chocolate butter cream - photo
Posted: 13 February 2011 08:40 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  129
Joined  2011-01-21

Hi Everyone!
A few weeks ago I inquired about raspberry filling a chocolate cake for Valentine’s Day cake for my sister’s office.  Tonight I made the cake and here is the finished product!
This is the first cake that was not for family so i am very interested in what her co-workers think!
The cake is chocolate with a raspberry conserve mixed with butter cream for the filling and chocolate butter cream frosting!  All recipes (except the cake) are from the Cake Bible!
I can’t wait until i hear from my sister tomorrow!

Image Attachments
RaspberryCake2.jpg

Posted: 13 February 2011 11:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  939
Joined  2009-09-16

Beautiful cake Littlelottie!!  Raspberry and chocolate pair so well together especially for Valentines Day.  What chocolate icing did you make for the cake?  The raspberries look so nice piled on top of the cake. 

I am sure you are going to get rave reviews from your sister tomorrow, how could you not with all those wonderful flavors.

Posted: 14 February 2011 02:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4823
Joined  2008-04-16

Just lovely!  Which cake and buttercream did you choose?

Signature 

Brød & Taylor Test Kitchen:  How to Make Sourdough More (or less) Sour - Part II

Posted: 14 February 2011 03:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3171
Joined  2010-04-25

Really pretty cake, Littlelottie! The contrasting colors and the pile of raspberries look so pretty!  Be sure to let us know how everyone loved it!

Posted: 14 February 2011 07:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  129
Joined  2011-01-21

Thanks everyone!
I used Rose’s Classic egg white chocolate butter cream, and her raspberry conserve.  The cake however is from the back of the heresy’s chocolate powder- this cake has always been one of my favorite chocolate cakes…so moist.  I took the conserve and mixed it with the butter cream for the filling of the cake. 

My sister told me - everyone in the office loved the cake!  I am so excited - my first cake to “real” people other than my family and friends.  She said she received two emails with only one word - “wow”...i say that is positive!!!!!

‹‹ Lemon Meringue Pie      My first wedding cake ››