My first wedding cake
Posted: 17 February 2011 12:23 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  96
Joined  2010-08-01

Hi

This posting is a bit late. I was out of station. This is the picture of my first wedding cake. Its far, far from some of the stunning creations I see here..I wonder how you get such straight contours and picture perfect edges..not to mention the smooth finish some of those cakes have..it leaves me sighing.

Neways, thanks for all the support, got so many helpful hints frm the forum on how to secure the cake, so many pitfalls were avoided thus.

P.S The theme of the wedding was Rustic, boy, my cake was rustic all the way smile

Image Attachments
150120112380.jpg150120112385.jpg

Posted: 17 February 2011 06:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  939
Joined  2009-09-16

I think your cake is lovely Sharon.  If rustic was the theme of the wedding than it fit right in.  Don’t worry about getting smooth finishes on your cake, all it takes is practice, practice, practice.  I’m sure you will be making more wedding cakes.  I am making my first wedding cake in September and I am already stressed out. LOL

So what cake did you bake and what icing did you use?

Posted: 17 February 2011 09:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4741
Joined  2008-04-16

Looks good to me, Sharon, and I bet it was delicious!  Which cake and frosting did you use?

Signature 

B&T Blog:  Ultimate Cinnamon Rolls

Posted: 17 February 2011 10:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3128
Joined  2010-04-25

Congratulations!!!  Yes, do tell what cake and filling/frosting you used!  Any especially fun compliments from happy eaters to share?

Posted: 18 February 2011 03:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  378
Joined  2010-04-09

The fact that you managed to bake these three huge cakes, get them successfully centered, frosted, stacked, and ribboned….you should be very proud!!  If the bride and groom wanted a rustic wedding, they weren’t necessarily looking for one of those picture perfect, flawless finish cakes.  Was it for the wedding of a friend, relative, or customer?  Congratulations on your first wedding cake!

Posted: 18 February 2011 05:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-08-01

Hi

The cake was for a friend, Loopy.

The top tier was Rose’s Buttermilk Country Cake, (Pg 41, TCB) The bottom two layers were Chocolate Butter cake, Joy of baking recipe. The frosting was Swiss Meringue Buttercream, which I thought was the closest to what the bride wanted..Marshmellow frosting, which may not have stayed on the cake in our humid weather here in Kerala.

Yep, guess, ‘ll just continue to practice. Thanks for all the nice words..and all the best Liz, for your first September wedding cake..love to see it come together.

Posted: 18 February 2011 08:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1031
Joined  2007-11-21

I agree…great job!  Everyone starts somewhere and I think it looks terrific!  I’ve never made a stacked wedding cake with multiple tiers…so I’m impressed.

Posted: 18 February 2011 09:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  223
Joined  2009-11-20

Hello Sharon Vinod,
Making a wedding cake is one of the most stressful projects on a baking agenda. You did it! In fine style , Congrats!  grin

Posted: 18 February 2011 02:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-08-01

Thanks, its so encouraging.