freezing mousseline
Posted: 23 February 2011 09:37 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  913
Joined  2009-01-04

its been so long i forgot!!  Do i thaw it completely and then re whip it?? or do i notwhip it and just use it??
oh, do i thaw it on my counter, or in the fridge overnight?

Posted: 23 February 2011 09:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  939
Joined  2009-09-16

HI SweetNess,

Thaw it on your counter-top until it has come back to room temperature completely.  This usually takes a while so I let it sit on my countertop at least overnight.  Once it has come back to room temperature you can then re-whip.  I usually just use a spoon and stir it a few times and it seems to be fine.

Posted: 24 February 2011 07:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4804
Joined  2008-04-16

I re-whip with a whisk, either hand-held or mixer.  Looking forward to seeing your cake! smile

Signature 

Brød & Taylor Test Kitchen:  Greek-style yogurt recipe

Posted: 24 February 2011 08:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  913
Joined  2009-01-04

im afraid this cake is not going to look good,not sure why. its been soo long since i even pulled out piping bags!!

Posted: 24 February 2011 11:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  94
Joined  2009-09-04

I had a small project to do this morning and had forgotten to take my coconut mousseline out of the freezer. I put it in the microwave for a minute or so, stirred it w/ a spoon, then with a whisk, and it was perfectly smooth and lovely.

Posted: 24 February 2011 03:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4804
Joined  2008-04-16

I’m always too nervous to go very far with the microwave, but I do often put buttercream or ganache or frozen egg whites in the microwave when I first pull them out of the freezer.  Short bursts with rest time in between, and I only try to thaw them, and stop before they are warm or in danger of melting/cooking.  Then I let them sit at room temp to complete the process.  Did this this morning when kids wanted impromptu cupcakes smile.

Signature 

Brød & Taylor Test Kitchen:  Greek-style yogurt recipe