Hawaiian cake flavor - advice!
Posted: 01 March 2011 06:16 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  129
Joined  2011-01-21

Hello Everyone!
A co-worker got married while she was on vacation with her fianc?e in Hawaii!  We are having a celebration at work for her on Thursday and I am in charge of the cake!  I know the design of the cake - but i am not sure on flavors.  I am hoping to do something with pineapple filling - but i am not sure what flavors go with pineapple fillings - i don’t know what to choose for the butter cream or the cake itself- any ideas????

Posted: 01 March 2011 08:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4743
Joined  2008-04-16

Perhaps Rose’s pina colada cake from the Cake Bible? Pineapple, coconut and rum, mmmm.  It’s on p.352.

Or maybe the baked Hawaii?  I’ve always wanted to try that one.

Signature 

B&T Blog:  Ultimate Cinnamon Rolls

Posted: 01 March 2011 09:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-01-21

Hi Julie -
I was actually looking at the Baked Hawaiian - it does sound interesting. Thanks for the advice!! smile

Posted: 03 March 2011 01:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  144
Joined  2010-05-24

Perhaps try the cake I recently made (all Cake Bible recipes)! http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=292940&id=517859766&l=b43457465c

Cake: Genoise Classique
Soaking Syrup: the fresh preserved pineapple syrup (replace water with coconut water and also dilute the syrup to the proper strength with coconut water)
Filling: pineapple neoclassic and some chopped fresh preserved pineapples (I also added a bit of cardamom to the pineapples for fragrance.)
Frosting: pineapple neoclassic
Sides: fresh grated coconut (Unless you intend on some other decorations. Maybe you could put the coconut in the filling instead.)

Posted: 03 March 2011 06:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-01-21

That does sound amazing - i am going to have to try that.
I did try a pineapple cake, however - as my sister once said - “it turned into a science fair project” - so i discarded the cake and just make a coconut cake on the fly…i was very disappointed that i couldn’t d the cake i was trying to make - but that is what happens when you don’t prepare correctly.

‹‹ Crumb Topping      Cake Fail ››