Need a Few Tips on How to do Chocolate onto/into Miroir
Posted: 03 March 2011 08:47 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2011-02-28

I’m a Baking and Pastry Arts student and I’ve entered a Baking Competition.  I am going to use miroir glaze on the top of my chocolate orange mousse cake.  I would like to do something attractive with melted chocolate right into the miroir but I don’t know how.  As the miroir will be cold, is this even possible?  We haven’t covered this in my Program yet, so I’m trying to get a little ahead of myself.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Posted: 04 March 2011 06:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2010-08-15

I don’t know if I’ll be of any help, but I thought I post something since no one else has. I’m not exactly sure what kind of decoration you had in mind. Maybe if you apply your decoration (ganache, fruit curd, etc.) in a spiral (or some symetrical pattern) immediately after applying the mirror glaze and use a fine tipped object (toothpick or something), dragging it through the decoration and mirror glaze it gives it a “feathered” look. I think that would work. Does that make sense? Good Luck!

Posted: 04 March 2011 07:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2011-02-28

Definitely makes sense!  Good idea.  I wasn’t sure that mirroir would be a suitable medium for doing what you described, but it now sounds like it would be.  Thanks.

‹‹ Cake Fail      Genoise ››