* Doing a wedding cake for 75 people plus a small groom’s cake (all choc with choc fudge filling).
* 6-9-12” cakes
* Tuxedo style.
* Vanilla cake and chocolate cake.
* Would like to arrange them so there’s a choc and vanilla layer on each level.
* Using Vanilla Truffle and Chocolate fudge filling (this is the plan SO FAR, recipes/ideas could change, very flexible but can’t be fruit or nut based filling)
* How many individual pans of each cake should I be making? This is where I’m confused!
* Should I be torting each pan/flavor in half, or stacking and filling each flavor/pan. ie: make 2-6” van and 2-6” choc or make 1-6” and torte/fill and 1-6” choc and torte/fill or make 2-6” van or choc and 1-6” of the opposite flavor and rotate van/choc/van, choc/van/choc, etc.
Kind of confusing, I know, but I’m trying to draw out the diagram in my notebook and also baking some of the cakes. I don’t want to over bake or make too little.
Note: Personally I think it would look best as the last choice, rotating flavors, and 3 full cakes not torted, just filled, rotating fillings as I am rotating cake layers