Kate Flour in the UK
Posted: 29 March 2011 07:20 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2011-03-27

Hi All
As a newbie I am trying to find out if you can buy Kate Flour in the UK. There has been lots mentioned and it sounds wonderful but I just can’t seem to find an outlet. Can anyone help?

Posted: 29 March 2011 12:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  210
Joined  2009-10-01

Kate flour is something you make yourself in the microwave. Others can give you more advice.

Posted: 29 March 2011 12:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  771
Joined  2007-11-15

Hi, if you want to find out about ‘Kate’ flour click on to ‘A Merrier World’ in Rose’s list of contacts on the left hand side of the home page, it is about halfway down.  That is Kate’s blog and you will find all the information you need about the flour and the processes of changing our flour (I am in the UK too) into something that can be used successfully for Rose’s recipes.  I have used the process myself and it does work but you can also use a combination of plain flour and potato or cornflour and get quite acceptable results.  As others have said, Rose’s recipes don’t use SR flour, just keep that for your British recipes. 
By the way, I have met Kate, and Rose too when she was in the UK two years ago, I’ll never forget the thrill of meeting her, she is a lovely lady! She puts a great deal of thought and care into her recipes, if you follow them carefully you will achieve success as I have, even though I felt flummoxed to begin with, reading about ‘cake’ flour and other strange commodities! LOL

Posted: 29 March 2011 07:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  210
Joined  2009-10-01

hey, Jeannette, good to hear from you!

Posted: 30 March 2011 02:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2011-03-27

Hi Jeannette
Thanks for your reply re Kate flour.
I would be a bit nervous about doing this myself plus I’m not sure that I would have the time.
As the flour seems so popular, wouldn’t it be lovely if someone could do it all for me? I wouldn’t mind spending a bit more if the process could be mass produced and I could buy a 10lb bag whenever I needed it.
I shall use McDougalls plain flour in the meantime.
I have to say that I am very grateful for the expert, friendly and very speedy help on this website. I have not used forums before apart from the online help at King Arthur’s Flour website regarding translation of their strange measurements for recipes recently (1 cup + 1 tbsp for example). Excellent service.
It’s nice to know that I’m not alone!
Best regards.
Su