Kindle Editions of Rose’s Books
Posted: 19 April 2011 04:49 PM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3131
Joined  2010-04-25

No, I do not have a Kindle, but I do have the app for my BlackBerry!

Of course, we all know RHC is available in a Kindle edition—I haven’t gotten it yet, but I’m seriously thinking of doing so even without a ‘real’ Kindle.  I called Harper-Collins and asked if they were going to do the various Bibles, and she said that yes, they definitely are. She couldn’t say precisely when, but I asked if she could say generally—say before 2013—and she said it would be very likely before then.  So, just FYI to all of you out there—soon (relatively speaking), we can easily search various recipes, techniques, components, etc., with ease—not to mention it’ll be easier to take them all on vacations and to the grocery store with us!!!!

Posted: 19 April 2011 05:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2008-09-16

I own RHC for the Kindle and I really enjoy it.  I seriously like being able to access it on my PC and read through it and see color pictures.  I read it at work…shhhhhhhh

I also bought the Pie and Pastry Bible for the Kindle (months ago) and returned it immediately because the formating was horrible.  That is the first book I’ve ever returned.  It is a book that I rank very highly in my library and I was sorely disappointed to have to return it.  As a matter of fact, I just checked the Kindle bookstore this morning to see if it or the TCB were available yet and all they show now is RHC.

I will be thrilled to see all of her books available as ebooks.  I will say that I miss the color photos on the actual Kindle though.

Becky

Posted: 19 April 2011 05:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-04-25

I read it at work?shhhhhhhh

LOL  LOL  LOL  LOL  LOL

Only on your breaks, I’m sure!!!

Thanks for all the info on Kindle RHC!  I can feel myself teetering toward the brink!  Hopefully, the new ones—and hopefully a new PPB—will be more ‘up to date’ with formatting, etc. and be without the problems!!

Posted: 20 April 2011 02:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1534
Joined  2011-02-17

I so want to get it too.  Does it have a shopping list feature?

Posted: 20 April 2011 08:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-04-25

Hi, FlouryI downloaded the sample of RHC last night, anmd although it doesn"t have a shopping list, you do have all the ingredients there.

Posted: 20 April 2011 02:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  630
Joined  2008-01-24

This sounds like an iPad App opportunity. wink

Signature 

“This pizza is a symphony of flavors”

Posted: 20 April 2011 08:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1534
Joined  2011-02-17

I’m glad you a havqe iqt Anne.  I’m going to look into getting it too.

Posted: 01 July 2011 03:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1153
Joined  2009-11-24

Thank you, Anne, I did not know it was available.  Now I am one happy baker.  That I can look up grocery list when not at home is FABULOUS!!

Signature 

So many recipes - so little time.