I was googling and came across this webiste and read about the steamed buttercream. I am a Malaysian but have been in the States ( Boston) for the last eight years. I see that Sharifaz had translated it well.
Below is the recipe and the method how to go about doing it.
Recipe for the Buttercream:
125 gm butter (not too soft and not too hard)
125 gm krimwell (can be substituted with crisco)
100 ml golden syrup (amount is adjustable according to your desire, but not more than 100ml, otherwise mixture will become too watery)
Start with beating the krimwell/crisco for 10 to 20 minutes, then add in butter and syrup and continue beating for another 10 to 15 minutes until texture is appropriate to cover a cake and pipe designs.
You may add in your favorite flavor such as vanilla essence, mint essence, strawberry essence etc…to avoid the buttery taste.
Prior to adding the buttercream below, make sure that you have a cake ready in the refrigerator
1. Heat the beaten buttercream on low heat for about 3 minutes - make sure that the buttercream does not melt.
2. Take the refrigerated cake out
3. Pour the heated buttercream onto the refrigerated cake. Swirl the cake around so that the buttercream falls nicely all over the cake.
4. Leave the cake for about 5 minutes so that the buttercream will solidify (crusted).
5. The cake is now ready to decorate
6. This method eliminates the time for you to iced the cake and thus shortens the time to prepare the cake for decorating. The cook iced cake with this method makes the cake
I have tried this method before and it turned out pretty well