Barcelona Brownie Marathon
Posted: 26 April 2011 03:44 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  939
Joined  2009-09-16

If you haven’t tried these brownies, YOU MUST!!!  They are absolutely mouthwatering.  They taste wonderful at room temperature or straight out the fridge ( which is how I like them because they are so so fudgy when they are cold.)  They freeze beautifully, which is why I made a quadruple batch of them today.  They make a great treat in my son and daughter’s lunch.  This made 54 little cakes from heaven.  Although there are 2 missing from the picture because the chef had to sample them. lol!!  I used toasted walnuts in these ones and I didn’t use the ganache plugs because I find they are rich enough without it.  And besides it would have taken me forever to add the ganache to all of them.

The first picture shows how much a quadruple batch of batter this makes.  And the second picture show them all lined up in a row like little delectable soldiers.

Image Attachments
DSC01151.jpgDSC01157.jpg

Posted: 26 April 2011 03:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3171
Joined  2010-04-25

Wow!!!!!

You are back and baking with a vengeance!!!!

Those look wonderful.  Thanks for the note re the optional ganache plugs.  These will likely be my next chocolate ‘outing.’

Love your mixing bowl!

Posted: 26 April 2011 05:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1094
Joined  2009-05-26

Ooo look at those beautiful brownies! I haven’t made this Liza - it’s scheduled for next month!

Thanks for your tasting note about the ganache plug. Marie of HCB also said the same thing, that the ganache makes it too rich. I think she made this twice, the 2nd time subbing the nuts with cherries.

Signature 

http://www.knittybaker.blogspot.com/

Posted: 27 April 2011 04:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  378
Joined  2010-04-09

The Barcelona Brownies are some of my favorites, too!  I actually like the ganache plugs, though…those three little buttons on top are so cute!  I was just wondering, how many of the silicone molds do you have, and how long does it take you for them to get done?  I have two of the molds, so one batch makes about 1.5 of them.  The several times I’ve made these, though, the baking time is always significantly longer than the 12-15 minutes specified.  Seems like it always takes about 20 minutes or even longer…have you found that to be the case too?

Posted: 27 April 2011 07:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-16

Thank-you Anne,  Jenn and Loopy.  I only have two molds as well Loopy and the big batch that I made took quite a while to do, maybe a few hours.  I didn’t keep track of the time.  I also found that they took longer than the specified 15 minutes to cook.  At 15 minutes, the middle brownies were still not set.  I baked them for 19 -20 minutes, which worked out perfectly.

Posted: 27 April 2011 10:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4838
Joined  2008-04-16

Liza, these look awesome!  The thought of having a freezer stocked with these is a happy one.  I like the ganache plugs- they don’t come across as too rich (at least not to me), but I agree compeletely that if you are pressed for time or have other things to do these are still a top brownie recipe without them.  The last time I made these, we topped them with the sticky caramel topping from the turtle cupcakes in RHC and they won a little, informal baked goods competition.

Signature 

Brød & Taylor Test Kitchen:  Peanut Butter Cups, All Grown Up

Posted: 27 April 2011 10:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-16

That sound wonderful with the sticky caramel topping Julie.  It would make a nice dessert with two brownies, drizzled with sticky caramel and a dollop of whipped cream.  Oh Yum!!!