Carrot Cake!!!!
Posted: 28 April 2011 06:12 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2011-04-28

Made Rose’s yummy yummy carrot cake for a friend for easter and it got alot of compliments!!! Thank You Rose for all your tips and recipes!!!!!
I had to decorate the cake with an easter theme so made duck/swan shaped sugar cookies and pastel colored chocolate almonds!

Posted: 29 April 2011 12:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  79
Joined  2011-03-01

That recipe is a GREAT formula and with all those carrots, it counts as a serving of vegetables, doesn’t it?;-)

Signature 

kyle

http://www.adventuresingoodfood.com

Posted: 29 April 2011 08:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1031
Joined  2007-11-21

I also love this cake.  I have a nephew who requests this cake every year for his birthday…(and he is only 9)

Posted: 29 April 2011 10:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3132
Joined  2010-04-25

Congrats, Dani, on your successful Easter cake!

I love the flavor of this cake.  I think it’s so interesting that it can have such a nice ‘spice’ flavor with only cinnamon and cocoa powder.  I want to make it again with butter instead of oil and another time with coconut oil.  I also want to make the carrot cake in TCB!

Posted: 29 April 2011 09:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1534
Joined  2011-02-17

I’m glad you reminded me about this cake. I so want to make it.

Did you frost it under at the decorations?

Posted: 29 April 2011 09:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2011-04-28

Flour Girl-Yes,I frosted the cake with the white chocolate cream cheese frosting(as in the book-heavenly cakes) and put the cookies and almonds over it. Shall try and post a pic grin

Anne in NC- Thank You!!! Good Luck and please share what the results are by using butter/coconut oil!

Bill-That’s great!!! I wish my girls liked carrot cake :-( they just enjoy the frosting!!!!!

Kyle-it sure does!!!! I guess the hardest part in the recipe is just grating all that carrots!!!

Posted: 29 April 2011 10:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3132
Joined  2010-04-25

I guess the hardest part in the recipe is just grating all that carrots!!!

Ain’t it the truth!  I made a 2x batch and had to grate all the carrots by hand, as I don’t have a food processor!

Wimpy arms alert! Wimpy arms alert!

Posted: 30 April 2011 12:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1534
Joined  2011-02-17

Kitchen Aid has a disk for the stand mixer. It is supposed to be for grating hard cheese and ice but it does an amazing job on carrots.  I’ve used it before for a carrot cake and it grates better than my box grater.