Looking for Baking Parchment
Posted: 05 May 2011 11:52 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2011-05-05

Hi,

Does anyone have a source for baking parchment that they can recommend?  I’m tired of the grocery store stuff.  Thanks!

Posted: 06 May 2011 12:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1330
Joined  2008-09-27
DonnaWood - 06 May 2011 02:52 AM

Hi,

Does anyone have a source for baking parchment that they can recommend?  I’m tired of the grocery store stuff.  Thanks!

I’ve bought the cut sheets from CulinaryDistrict and from Williams Sonoma.  They’re convenient for cookies, because they don’t curl.  However, the sheets aren’t nearly as heavy as the Reynolds stuff you get at the stores.  That matters when baking bread, because my loaves will weld themselves to the cut sheets during baking; the Reynolds paper releases like a champ.

Signature 

If error is corrected whenever it is recognized as such, the path of error is the path of truth.

—Hans Reichenbach

Posted: 06 May 2011 11:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2011-05-06

I buy professional pan liners at bakingparchmentpaper.com.  They are thinner than Reynolds like the other reply says but they do work well.  My favorite thing is that they don’t roll up even thought I store mine rolled (small pantry).  Shipping is faster than others I’ve used - I get my order in about 5 days.  I’ve recommended them to several friends.  Hope this helps!

Posted: 07 May 2011 03:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  378
Joined  2010-04-09

Donna, if you live anywhere close to a Costco…they sometimes sell these huge rolls of parchment made by Paper Chef, 15 inches by 164 feet, and they last forever.  They are at a great price - I don’t recall the exact amount but when I saw them at Christmas time, I stocked up.  I recall they were about 1/3 the cost of what you see in Williams-Sonoma or at the grocery store, but I think they only order them during the holidays.  Some stores may still be selling it, though…