RankRank
Total Posts:  34
Joined  2008-02-14

Which is considered the best for bread baking????? Thanks rolleyes

Posted: 21 May 2011 08:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  105
Joined  2010-12-29

I have only made dough a couple of times in my kitchen aid.  It seems to work well.

Posted: 21 May 2011 09:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2010-02-08

I have a Kitchen Aid Artisan.  It does a very good job per bread recipe; but don’t double up the recipe and knead two batches one after another ‘cause the motor becomes so hot you can fry an egg on it.  If you have to, wait at least forty five minutes or until the motor cools off before kneading the next batch.

Posted: 22 May 2011 02:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1369
Joined  2008-09-27
Belmari - 21 May 2011 10:58 PM

Which is considered the best for bread baking????? Thanks rolleyes

The Electrolux is adored by serious bread bakers.  It has a huge capacity and the motor will not strain with even the toughest dough.  But the unit is expensive and there’s a learning curve;  do you really need its capability?  If you only make a couple of loaves at a time and use mainly non-whole-wheat flour, then any of the machines will work fine.

Signature 

If error is corrected whenever it is recognized as such, the path of error is the path of truth.

—Hans Reichenbach

Posted: 22 May 2011 03:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1421
Joined  2007-11-15

the ka5 artisan is fine for single loaves. the ka5 bowl lift for double. the ka6 as well as the cuisinart7, too.  I love my Bosch universal and can knead up to it’s full 7 qt capacity!

but for the most amazing bread dough, NOTHING beats the Zojirushi!!!  the capacity is limited to 1 loaf. if u use it for just dough kneading, u can mix 2 loaves, maybe 3; and let it rise and bake using a traditional oven.

Signature 

http://myyellowkitchen.com/index-equipment-html/

Posted: 22 May 2011 05:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  635
Joined  2008-01-24

Given the question posed. I think the Electrolux is best. Be mindful however that it is not as versatile as the other mixers. In addition it is expensive. Keep in mind also that a mixer is a luxury and not a necessity.

Signature 

“This pizza is a symphony of flavors”