Cordon Rose Cheesecake question on height options
Posted: 24 May 2011 05:13 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2011-05-24

I am new, what a great book and forum. I could not find the answer to this question with a search ..so here goes!

I am making Cordon Rose Cheesecake with blackberry conserve topping and almond biscuit….I am going to float two little swans on top as it is for my daughter’s wedding shower.

i have made the recipe just plain, and it is delicious, but i would like for it to be taller…my plan is to use one and a half time the recipe but i am unsure of cooking time at that point…maybe 55 minutes and then let it sit the one hour..has anyone done this with the recipe amount….I have a standard springform pan so it should hold it ...i would just like some feedback if possble.

Posted: 24 May 2011 05:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3147
Joined  2010-04-25

Welcome to the forum, Chefmomma!!!!

I haven’t done this myself—in fact, I haven’t made the cheesecake—but one thing you can think about is layering two cheesecakes.  However, I’ll leave this question to the experts!

I wanted to mention, though, that if you’re using swans, you might consider making meringue swans a la the Blueberry Swan Lake cake in TCB!!

The cheesecake sounds wonderful, BTW, with the blackberry conserve and almond biscuit!

Congratulations on your daughter’s wedding!

—ak

Posted: 24 May 2011 06:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-05-24

Have you seen the directions on the swans in the book….I have time and some talent but not quite that much!  Thank you for the suggestion….i will leave that to the real chefs.smile

Posted: 24 May 2011 10:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3147
Joined  2010-04-25

I didn’t make ‘em either, but the event I made the cake for was not swan-appropriate!!!

Posted: 24 May 2011 11:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4783
Joined  2008-04-16

There is a wedding cheesecake made in a 3” pan, the recipe begins on p. 505.  I think, but am not sure, that it is a taller cake than the 8x2.5” springform version in the front section.  You could scale it down to whatever size you needed, perhaps a 9” round?  If you go that route, scale by cup capacity, rather than serving size, as the wedding cake servings are small.

There are also baking instructions there.

Signature 

B&T Blog:  Cultured Butter Recipe

Posted: 25 May 2011 12:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-05-24

Thank you so much ...I somehow missed the directions for that and i did briefly read it….I will go with 50 minutes same pan just 1.5 amount of batter…i think it will work….Will let you know….The good news is that i can make mini cakes with any extra batter i decide is too much for the pan… so my husband and son can have a taste…The household is never happy to see all of that yummy not going in their tummy’s but out the door…...smile