2 of 2
My new baby
Posted: 31 May 2011 03:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  939
Joined  2009-09-16

Anne, you definitely do not taste the vodka in the ice cream at all.  I had the same problems with the hard as rock ice cream frozen to the sides of the bowl.  We just let it sit for a while and than ate it.

Jenn, I don’t find the taste too eggy.  In fact I don’t find it eggy at all.  But that could be just my taste buds. grin  Real vanilla ice cream is my absolute favourite.

I think that I am going to invest in another bowl so that I always have one frozen in the freezer.  Ice cream does not last very long at my house, and I have a feeling that I will be making alot of ice cream this summer.

Posted: 31 May 2011 03:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3128
Joined  2010-04-25

Thanks, Jenn and Liza!!!!  I also don’t find the custard kind too eggy, but there are not enough eggs in the world for me as it is….

Posted: 31 May 2011 04:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1088
Joined  2009-05-26

It might just be my taste buds then regarding ice cream being eggy. Funny, I’m okay with creme anglaise in the liquid form, but once it become ice cream, the taste is off for me.

Liza, you might want to try the chocolate ice cream cake from RHC. Rose gives suggestion to pair with vanilla, strawberry, coffee, and vanilla cherry. The possibilities are endless smile.

Signature 

http://www.knittybaker.blogspot.com/

Posted: 01 June 2011 10:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-16

Yes, I must try the chocolate ice cream cake now.  Cake and icecream, one of the all time favourite combinations.

Posted: 01 June 2011 11:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4741
Joined  2008-04-16

The RHC chocolate ice cream cake- I’ve made it now about a zillion times.  Family favorite, barbecue favorite, birthday favorite, etc.  Best pairing of a store bought ice cream so far is Haagan Daz strawberry, dreamy.  Seems we nearly always have a few individual sized cakelets in the freezer, ready to stuff at a moments notice. smile

Signature 

B&T Blog:  Ultimate Cinnamon Rolls

Posted: 01 June 2011 11:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-16

I just bought a heart shaped whoopie pie pan and I was wondering if I can use this to make individual sized chocolate ice cream cakes.  I haven’t used it yet so this might be a good recipe to use with it.

Posted: 01 June 2011 02:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4741
Joined  2008-04-16

I make it in pans that are a little larger circumference than a regular cupcake, and I put 65g of batter into each one.  One pan I use is a nordicware flower pan, each cakelet is a one-cup cavity.  I also use ramekins of a similar size, either way the right amount of batter seems to be 65g.  Half of the Ger choc recipe will make about seven of this size, 75% of that recipe will make eleven of that size.  My flower pan is nearly black inside, so I reduce the temp to 325 and it takes about 20-22 minutes, or until their gently domed centers flatten slightly (they cool flat). 

You can also make cupcakes into smaller ice cream sandwhiches.

The part of the crust that didn’t touch the pan while baking ends up being pretty sticky- we never mind, but you can trim it if you do.

Image Attachments
flower pan.jpgice cream sandwich.jpg
 Signature 

B&T Blog:  Ultimate Cinnamon Rolls

2 of 2