What happened to my personal color theme?
Posted: 30 May 2011 11:18 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1329
Joined  2008-09-27

I really don’t like this pink/redish color of the forum; I had previously changed my own color layout to a shade of gray, which isn’t pretty, but it’s not pink.  Now it’s reset to pink and I don’t see a way to change what I see.  Help!

Signature 

If error is corrected whenever it is recognized as such, the path of error is the path of truth.

—Hans Reichenbach

Posted: 31 May 2011 02:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  630
Joined  2008-01-24

I don’t see any setting for that either. But, I think the color is ‘rose’ not pink. Perhaps a reset of your perceptions will make it bearable. tongue rolleye

Signature 

“This pizza is a symphony of flavors”

Posted: 31 May 2011 12:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4737
Joined  2008-04-16

I never knew any of us had the ability to change our colors!

I’ll email the administrators and see if they know anything.

Signature 

B&T Blog:  Ultimate Cinnamon Rolls

Posted: 31 May 2011 12:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-09-27
Julie - 31 May 2011 03:15 PM

I never knew any of us had the ability to change our colors!

Thank you.  The setting is at the bottom of the screen, where it says “Default”.  There used to be another option.

Signature 

If error is corrected whenever it is recognized as such, the path of error is the path of truth.

—Hans Reichenbach

Posted: 31 May 2011 08:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-09-27

Hurray, grey is back!

Signature 

—Hans Reichenbach

Posted: 01 June 2011 10:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  939
Joined  2009-09-16

Oh,  I didn’t know that either.  I kind of like the grey.  But it looks more like purple than grey to me.  It’s a nice change.

Posted: 01 June 2011 11:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4737
Joined  2008-04-16

Ooooo, I’ve changed mine now, and though it’s a bit of a shock, it does make all the photos stand out much more than the Rose colored scheme.  How interesting. smile

Signature 

B&T Blog:  Ultimate Cinnamon Rolls

Posted: 01 June 2011 11:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-16

Your right Julie, the pictures really do stand out much more.  Actually, now that I think of it,  the colour is more of a periwinkle than purple or grey.

Posted: 01 June 2011 12:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3126
Joined  2010-04-25

Referring (in memory) back to my box of 80 crayolas, it might be able to be described as “thistle” as well.  I vote for a theme based on my favorite color, raw umber.  Or perhaps it was burnt umber—I like them both.
The old Crayola days remind me of second grade, when I wouldn’t draw Sally K’s (last name omitted) pictures for her in our class project. In retaliation, she categorically refused to lend me her “skin-colored” crayon—forever!
More color themes!  More color themes!  Maybe the site could be a ‘mood site,’ automatically adjusting the color after it correctly detects our mood!

Posted: 01 June 2011 12:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-16

OK Anne, I’m curious.  What colour is raw umber/burnt umber.  I’ve never heard of it before.

Posted: 01 June 2011 12:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-04-25

Raw unmber is a brown with a good bit of orange in it.  Burnt umber is similar, but has more brown and less orange—kind of a saddle color.  I think.  I haven’t seen one for about 37 years!!!!!

Posted: 01 June 2011 05:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-16

I am going to have to google this.  Hehehe - when you first posted this I thought you made a mistake and typed umber instead of amber. smile

Posted: 01 June 2011 11:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-04-25

Hi, Liza!

Here’s a link to all the Crayola colors - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Crayola_crayon_colors  Natu.rally, my memory did fail me.  There was only one umber:  Raw Umber, and it was a serious brown.  The other color I must have liked was Raw Sienna, becuase it’s right next to Raw Umber.  There is also a Burnt Sienna, but I’m thinking Raw Sienna was the one I liked. Sadly, Raw Umber was retired in 1990.  I wish I could have retired in 1990!!!!

IMHO, stricktly speaking Crayola, I would say the best color matches on the gray site would be Cadet Blue with touches of Manatee.  Perhaps Periwinkles are brough tto mind with the greater purple contribution on the links (Advanced search, etc.), and I think more Periwinkle would have been a pleasant contribution.

The site doesn’t have enough blue to fit in with the other blue-grays, yet it’s not gray enough to fit in with the grays.  Clearly, the crayola color designers were absent when choosing colors for this page variation.

I mean, is there much more fun in the world than moments of complete nonsense?  I think not!

—ak