mango puree for cloud cream
Posted: 05 June 2011 07:32 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  131
Joined  2011-05-15

hey there..mangoes are in season here and i got this idea to make a white cake , havent decided which one ! White velvet or white whisper..
To frost i have a whole batch of white chocolate mousseline that i whipped up in the freezer.
For filling i was hoping to make a mango ccloud cream and put lil chopped up pieces of mangoes..or else i could go with strawberry cloud cream and put mango pieces inside ...My question is how does both these options sound? Has anyone tried this combination?
If i want to go with the mango one, does any one have a mango puree recipe ?

Posted: 05 June 2011 03:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4791
Joined  2008-04-16

Joe Pastry did a mango cloud cream recently, you could check his blog (one of the “sites that we like” on the home page).

Signature 

Brød & Taylor Test Kitchen:  How to Make Sourdough More (or Less) Sour

Posted: 07 June 2011 06:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  131
Joined  2011-05-15

Hey thanks julie… i looked up joe pastry site and it looks like exactly what i had in my mind. Do you think i should go with the strawberry clou cream with mango pieces strewn inside and white chocolate mousseline outside or go with mango cloud cream and mango pieces and white chocolate mousseline to frost.?

Posted: 07 June 2011 10:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4791
Joined  2008-04-16

You’re welcome. smile

If it were me, I’d probably go with mango cloud and mango pieces/white choc mousseline.  But that’s just because I haven’t tried mango and strawberry together and so I’m not quite sure how well they’d mix.  You could always sample a bite of each together with a little cream and see what you think.

Signature 

Brød & Taylor Test Kitchen:  How to Make Sourdough More (or Less) Sour

‹‹ Natural cake icings      wedding cake request ››