one step cake mix?
Posted: 27 July 2011 12:22 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2011-07-24

Have a question about cake mix.  I’d like to make the lemon angel bar cookies from Rose’s recipe.  The recipe calls for one step angel cake mix, ok. since I’ve never made anything like this, tune me in on what exactly is one step cake mix.  It is my guess everything is thrown together in one bowl, rather than have the dry ingred. in one bowl & the liquid ingred. in another bowl then from there alternate in mixing them.  Fill me in.

Posted: 27 July 2011 02:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4783
Joined  2008-04-16

I didn’t know Rose had a recipe like this, it doesn’t sound like her… where is it?

Signature 

B&T Blog:  Cultured Butter Recipe

Posted: 27 July 2011 05:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-07-24

At the top of Rose’s page hold your mouse over recipe, then click on cookies, then scroll down to lemon angel bar cookies.  That will be the one.

Posted: 27 July 2011 07:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1352
Joined  2008-09-27
Freesia - 27 July 2011 08:30 PM

At the top of Rose’s page hold your mouse over recipe, then click on cookies, then scroll down to lemon angel bar cookies.  That will be the one.

That isn’t Rose’s recipe; it’s a link to an external website.

Signature 

If error is corrected whenever it is recognized as such, the path of error is the path of truth.

—Hans Reichenbach

Posted: 27 July 2011 08:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  632
Joined  2008-01-24

I had never looked at that link before. I think Rose includes the link because of the size of the database. If one were developing new recipes I could see it as a source for ideas.

Signature 

“This pizza is a symphony of flavors”

Posted: 28 July 2011 11:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-07-24
CharlesT - 27 July 2011 10:40 PM
Freesia - 27 July 2011 08:30 PM

That isn’t Rose’s recipe; it’s a link to an external website.

Ok CharlesT, at any rate I still have the same question in mind.  Exactly what is one step cake mix?  Is it like I think it is, everything is thrown together all in one bowl?  Rather first separating them?

Posted: 28 July 2011 04:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4783
Joined  2008-04-16

Definitely not a Rose recipe, it is from June Lebell.

I think the recipe is just referring to an angel food cake mix.  You can check the package and see if either the directions or the name of the product suggest that it is a one-step process to mix it.

You could also do a web search for the creator of the recipe- June Lebell - and see if she has an online presence and might answer questions.

good luck!

Signature 

B&T Blog:  Cultured Butter Recipe

Posted: 28 July 2011 04:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-07-24

Thank you Julie, you have been most helpful,  I have been searching on the internet, to no real satisfaction, but thanks to you I will check the web site for the above mentioned & see what I find out.

‹‹ Mocha Cake Recipe      Miette Fiasco ››