Difference between bundt pan and fluted tube pan??
Posted: 07 August 2011 12:15 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2011-08-06

Sorry if this has been asked elsewhere on the forum, I tried looking and couldn’t find anything. I notice that many of Rose’s recipe call for fluted pans. I’m really confused as to the difference, if any, between a fluted tube pan and a bundt pan. Is there a difference? If so, what is it and does it make a difference to substitute one type of pan when a recipe calls for the other?

Thanks in advance! :o)

Posted: 07 August 2011 12:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  105
Joined  2010-12-29

I think that a bundt pan refers to the classic rounded pan that has a capacity of 10 cups.  A fluted pan is basically the same thing but comes in different styles, for example, I have a rose fluted pan and a zig zag pattern fluted pan.  However, one is 10 cups and the other is 6 cups capacity.  I think that you can interchange them as long as they are the same capacity.

Posted: 07 August 2011 08:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4741
Joined  2008-04-16

They’re one and the same, a fluted tube pan is just a way of saying bundt pan without referring to a specific brand name, as a number of brands are available and will work as long as they are the right capacity.

Signature 

B&T Blog:  Ultimate Cinnamon Rolls

Posted: 09 August 2011 04:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1088
Joined  2009-05-26

So does this means that I can bake angel food cake in a bundt pan? If I can that would be great because then I can make a small (6 cup) angel food cake smile.

Signature 

http://www.knittybaker.blogspot.com/

Posted: 09 August 2011 10:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3128
Joined  2010-04-25

Hey, Jenn,

I think agnel food cake pans are different becuase they have those removable bottoms and are not non-stick. 

—ak

Posted: 09 August 2011 11:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2011-08-06

Thank you very much to all those that replied - this was very helpful!

Posted: 10 August 2011 07:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4741
Joined  2008-04-16

Hi Jenn, yes to what Anne said, angel food has to be made in a pan that does not have a non-stick coating.  Also, as it has to be cut out of the pan, the shaped sides don’t really work well.

Ditto for chiffon:  http://www.realbakingwithrose.com/index_ee.php/forums/viewthread/3154/

Signature 

B&T Blog:  Ultimate Cinnamon Rolls