No Bake Whipped Cream Cheesecake, Plum Round Ingots
Posted: 15 August 2011 03:02 PM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1088
Joined  2009-05-26

It has been a while since I post anything here! Here are a couple of recent baked goods. The cheesecake was made last month and the Ingots was at the beginning of this month. I made my own Graham Crackers for the cheesecake (recipe from Smitten Kitchen). It was really good - so good that I made it again yesterday for hubby’s snack this week.

Both desserts were really good. We’re not a big fan of cheesecakes but this is the 3rd one from Rose’s book that I made and we really liked it. The ingots is the best one in the book, not a big fan of the other ones but the plum addition made this one yummy.

Image Attachments
No Bake Whipped Cream Cheesecake portrait.jpgGraham crackers.jpgPlum Round Ingots-1-4.jpg
 Signature 

http://www.knittybaker.blogspot.com/

Posted: 15 August 2011 05:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  939
Joined  2009-09-16

Jenn, they look awesome!  How was the texture of the no baked whipped cream cheese cake?  Was it light and fluffy?  My mother makes a no bake cheese cake, but she uses cool whip.  Although I wouldn’t use cool whip to bake with anything, I like the texture of her cheesecake.

Also, the whipped cream cheese,  is it the philidelphia brand you used that comes in a small round tub?  I have wanted to try this recipe but I wasn’t sure if this is what you are supposed to use.

I love your homemade graham crackers.  And I bet they tasted better than store bought.

Posted: 16 August 2011 08:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1031
Joined  2007-11-21

Beautiful!  They look delicious

Posted: 16 August 2011 09:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4789
Joined  2008-04-16

Jenn, they all look wonderful! smile

I love the idea of a no-bake cake for the summertime, particularly if it is a bit lighter in texture than the traditional custard-based type.

I’ve also tried those same grahm crackers, but I found the dough hard to roll/cut unless nearly frozen and the finished cracker a bit hard.  I’ve been tinkering with the recipe to make them more tender-crisp, but I haven’t yet reached a final version.  They’re tasty, though, and have been hugely popluar for s’mores this summer.

Good to know you like the plum ingots, I’ll have to put them on my to-do list as my other half loves plums.

Signature 

Brød & Taylor Test Kitchen:  How to Make Sourdough More (or Less) Sour

Posted: 16 August 2011 12:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-26

Liza, the cheesecake is fluffy but not light, considering all the cream cheese and sour cream in there. That is my opinion at least, but I’m not huge fans of cheesecake so for me I enjoyed a small size of this best smile.

For the whipped cream cheese, I just use store brand, nothing fancy and it turned out so I think the philadelphia brand should work fine! I’m looking forward to seeing yours smile.

Julie, yes the graham crackers isn’t tender but that is what my other half loves so it’s perfect. I’m sure you’ve tried this, but reducing baking time doesn’t work? What other modifications have you tried (I’m curious)?

Signature 

Posted: 16 August 2011 12:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-26

Julie, the dough I refrigerate for 2 hours, as the recipe calls for, and then rolling I just flour the counter and the top of the dough really well as it is a sticky dough. For cutting, I use fluted pastry cutter - I think using cookie cutter would be impossible as it is pretty sticky.

Signature 

Posted: 16 August 2011 04:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3166
Joined  2010-04-25

Really pretty, Jenn! Your ingots look like beautful dried roses!

Posted: 16 August 2011 10:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1178
Joined  2009-11-24

Everything looks great, Jenn.  I, too, will add the plum ingots to my To Bake list

Signature 

So many recipes - so little time.