Nordic Ware Platinum Bundt: Lower Baking Temp?
Posted: 19 August 2011 01:14 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  192
Joined  2010-04-11

Hello everyone!

I am about to bake TCB PAACBC at 350, but wanted to make sure this is correct. We only lower for dark colored pans right, and this one is thick but light colored inside and out. Can anyone confirm this?

smile
Jemoiselle

Signature 

http://www.vanillaexpressions.com

Posted: 19 August 2011 02:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-04-11

Cake is done baking, the answer to my question for future searchers is YES please do lower the baking temp by 15-25 degrees, I just discovered this the hard way hehe! While it baked nicely, looks soft and moist and delish, the top domed prematurely thus I lost the last 1/2 inch of border in the Fleur de Lis pan, which is so beautiful! Anyways, I think lowering the temp would have allowed it to bake more slowly rising with less doming. It is absolutely useable, I’ll just cut off the dome and use my extra chocolate plastic to make a beaded border to replace the decorative effect it would have had. No biggie! Hope this helps someone out there!

Jemoiselle

Signature 

Posted: 19 August 2011 07:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3171
Joined  2010-04-25

Thanks for this info, Jem!  I sent you a PM before reading this, but your answer helped me, instead!

Posted: 19 August 2011 11:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1569
Joined  2011-02-17
Jemoiselle - 19 August 2011 05:33 AM

Cake is done baking, the answer to my question for future searchers is YES please do lower the baking temp by 15-25 degrees, I just discovered this the hard way hehe! While it baked nicely, looks soft and moist and delish, the top domed prematurely thus I lost the last 1/2 inch of border in the Fleur de Lis pan, which is so beautiful! Anyways, I think lowering the temp would have allowed it to bake more slowly rising with less doming. It is absolutely useable, I’ll just cut off the dome and use my extra chocolate plastic to make a beaded border to replace the decorative effect it would have had. No biggie! Hope this helps someone out there!

Jemoiselle

I did notice my Whipped Cream Cake (RHC) to be a bit short.  I use a platinum bundt. The cake bakes at 375. Should I lower the temp to 350-360? I have to say my whipped Cream Cake is perfection but shorter than I thought it should be.

Posted: 20 August 2011 01:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-04-11

Hello Anne and Flour Girl! Yes, I absolutely thing a slightly lower temp would have been key to things rising a bit more evenly! I am guessing it’s because the metal inside the pan is dark despite it’s light coating. I do love the whipped cream cake too, isn’t it amazing? I had someone really floored by it one time who claimed to have tasted every yellow type cake they knew of and didn’t like any of them. Flour, I would try lowering to 360 and see what happens smile

Thanks for the replies again!

Jemoiselle

Signature 

Posted: 20 August 2011 02:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1569
Joined  2011-02-17

Thank you. I will give it a try.

I love the whipped cream cake. Now that I am getting the hang of whipping cream, the crumb has been amazing.