Heart Pans
Posted: 20 August 2011 01:21 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1569
Joined  2011-02-17

I have an anniversary party to go to today and was asked to bring cake. I thought the red velvet cake in the heart pan from RHC would be cute and one of the cakes I’d make (the other cake will be the Upside Down Apple-apples macerating as I type this-and a chocolate chip date cake from another author) So yesterday I went to Michael’s to buy a 9” heart shape pan.  The only pans they carried were the Wilton and they aren’t the “preferred”. They don’t look sturdy at all.

I still have time to get the pan and bake it this afternoon but it’s not imperative.

Amazon has a 9” non-stick heart shaped pan which looks a little sturdier.

Can someone recommend a heart pan for me to use in the future?

Thank you!

Posted: 21 August 2011 01:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  378
Joined  2010-04-09

Hi, I think the quilted heart pans from Nordic are great—and very stury!  Here’s a link to the pans on Amazon and also how I used them last year for my girls’ birthday cakes!

http://www.amazon.com/Nordic-Ware-Quilted-Heart-Pan/dp/B001TRDWNK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1313900425&sr=8-1

http://www.realbakingwithrose.com/index_ee.php/forums/viewthread/2678/

Posted: 21 August 2011 02:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-02-17

Thanks Loopy, that is a really nice pan and I love how your twin’s cakes came out.

I didn’t realize Nordic made pans other than tube pans. Cool! I love Nordic Ware.

I ended up making the red velvet cake in a round pan. I never made it before. It was moist and delicious. Next time I will have the heart pan to use.

Thank you

Posted: 22 August 2011 10:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  131
Joined  2010-02-24

Hi I bought 2 Wilton 9 inch heart pans.  I have made several cakes in them and they came out great!  Also Rose recommends the Wilton heart shaped pans in TCB.

Posted: 22 August 2011 11:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-02-17

Michael’s only has two 9 inch pans left. I guess that is where I am going today. Thanks Kathy. I wasn’t sure because they seem so thin compared to my regular baking p