Whipped Cream Cake with a twist.
Posted: 05 September 2011 11:45 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  939
Joined  2009-09-16

This is the Whipped Cream Cake from RHC’s with a chocolate struesel filling.  This cake was made especially for my 15 year old son.  He is coming home from the hospital tomorrow.  He had a very bad fall last week and ended up breaking his collar bone and fracturing 3 vertebrae.  ( nothing short of a nightmare )  I wanted to bake this for him since it is one of his favorite cakes from RHC and since he also likes chocolate, I thought I would put a twist on it and add a chocolate struesel filling.  It is going to be a slow recovery, but atleast he will be home with me.

Image Attachments
cake.jpg

Posted: 06 September 2011 08:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1031
Joined  2007-11-21

Looks and sounds delicious.  Best wishes for your son’s recovery!

Posted: 06 September 2011 09:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3148
Joined  2010-04-25

Lovely cake, Liza! Sorry to hear about your son’s injury—I know it will cheer him up to see a cake like that when he gets home!!!!  I hope he recovers quickly!

Posted: 06 September 2011 12:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  131
Joined  2010-02-24

I have to bake that whipped cream cake.  It looks delicious!  Hope your soon gets better soon!

Posted: 06 September 2011 12:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4783
Joined  2008-04-16

Hope your son gets well soon!  It must have been a very stressful time for you all. 

Lovely cake, let us know how you all liked it.

Signature 

B&T Blog:  Cultured Butter Recipe

Posted: 06 September 2011 02:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  939
Joined  2009-09-16

Thank-you everyone.  The cake was delicious, very moist, and tasted wonderful with the chocolate struesel.  I will definitely make it again.  My son came home today and is expected to make a full recovery.  It will probably take 6 to 8 weeks for the bones to heal completely, but the brusing and swelling should be better by next week. 

Yes it has been extremely stressful, but things could have turned out alot worse and they didn’t.  He will be back to his old self in a couple of months.

Posted: 07 September 2011 12:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1554
Joined  2011-02-17

I’m so sorry to hear about your son. My wishes for his speedy recovery.

I love the whipped cream cake and make it often. I have got to try this.  Which book is the chocolate streusel recipe in? Sounds great!!

I never thought of putting it in this pan.  Cool!!