Pumpkin Spice Cake Recipe?
Posted: 17 September 2011 10:59 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  87
Joined  2010-12-04

Hello!

I am searching for (hopefully a Rose) Pumpkin-spice cake recipe for a 9” tier ... (or something along those lines) If you have any ideas or any suitable recipe please post or pm me, thank you.

Cheers! Sarah

Posted: 18 September 2011 01:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3171
Joined  2010-04-25

There is a pumpkin cake in each of Rose’s books—Pumpkin Walnut Cake Ring in TCB and Pumpkin Cake with Burnt Orange Silk Meringue Buttercream in RHC.  Your library is likely to have one or both books.

Posted: 18 September 2011 03:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4838
Joined  2008-04-16

Both books have pumpkin cakes baked in tube pans, but this topic may have come up before- if you search the forums you’ll probably find a topic or two from somone who has tried to bake these cakes in round layer pans.

Good luck!

Signature 

Brød & Taylor Test Kitchen:  Peanut Butter Cups, All Grown Up

Posted: 18 September 2011 04:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-04-25

I should add that I made this BA cake in 2009, and it was quite awesome:  http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Four-Layer-Pumpkin-Cake-with-Orange-Cream-Cheese-Frosting-355809

I hadn’t made any Rose’s before, and I haven’t made any non-Rose’s since, so I can’t say absolutely that I wouldn’t find it this or that now, but it was a huge hit.

Posted: 18 September 2011 09:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  87
Joined  2010-12-04

Thanks Anne, I do happen to own the Cake Bible smile

However, I do not have the RHC nor does my library. I’m looking for a non tube/bundt pan recipe ....  I did search the forum, but nothing caught my eye. Because this is for a wedding cake tier, I don’t really want to take chances on a bundt pan recipe, so that is why I’m asking/searching to see if anyone had any suggestions.  But I will certainly check out the Epicurious link.Thx

Posted: 19 September 2011 11:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-04-25

Hi, Sarah!

The one in RHC is also made in a sort of bundt—it’s in the pumpkin one that’s in two halves, so it’s sort of a bowl.  I’ve never seen the pan, so I dont’ know if it has a tube running through it or not.  It’s almost identical to the TCB one—if I remember correctly, the TCB one has a bit more almonds and they’re not ground as fine.  One has more almonds and one (maybe the same one) leaves them chunkieir than the other, but other than that, I think they’re identical.

If you decide to try them as ‘regular’ layers, please let us know how it works out, as I’d love to make it as layers, also.  Maybe a flower nail would work or one of the ‘plug insert’ thingies?

—ak