Carrot cake cupcake question
Posted: 22 September 2011 10:48 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2011-09-22

Hello all.  I am going to use Rose’s Classic Carrot Cake recipe for cupcakes.  Does anyone know how many cupcakes the recipe makes and how much to reduce the baking time (which is 45-55 minutes for the cake)?  Thanks.

Posted: 23 September 2011 10:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1031
Joined  2007-11-21

OK…here’s a guess regarding the number of cupcakes.  Carrot cake is really a big muffin rather than a cake.  And when I bake muffins, I typically scale them at 75 g to 80 g per muffin…so if you add up the weights of all the ingredients, divide by 75, and allow for a little batter left in the bowl, you could get an approximate number of cupcakes.

As far as the time goes…no clue.  I would start checking at 1/2 to 2/3 the baking time. ..but totally not sure about any of this.

Posted: 04 June 2012 07:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  124
Joined  2010-01-18

Just wondering how everything turned out for these Cupcakes? I am scheduled to supply for a wedding in Oct and they also want Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Creamcheese frosting (AAaaackk!!!) so I am starting to panic now already. Did the cakes separate from the paper cups? Did you use Creamcheese frosting? Piped on in a swirl? How many did the recipe make? (I plan to use “standard” smallish sized cups with 2” diam bottom) Thanks and I look fwd to hearing how it all went!

Posted: 02 July 2012 03:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2011-04-28

Hi Kutchenbaaker,
I’ve made the carrot cake cupcakes (from RHC) and also used the dreamy white chocolate cream cheese frosting. It doesn’t stick to the cupcake liners…I even made mini ones and they turn out ever so moist and holds it’s shape. This is a HUGE hit amongst many friends and family but mostly my biggest and toughest judges…my 3 precious children!
I’m sorry but can’t tell you exactly how many you’ll get per batch but as far as baking time is concerned, for mini-cupcakes, I usually check on them around 7-10 minutes and for regular sized cupcakes about 20-25 minutes (I think). Depends on your oven as well.
I’m ashamed to say that despite the numerous times I’ve baked this cake in cupcake form, I haven’t really kept track of the quantity produced or an accurate baking time. Lesson learned.
Good Luck to you!

Posted: 16 July 2012 07:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  185
Joined  2012-05-23

It all depends on your oven.
Dani, practice is making our knowledge smile

Signature 

The way to man’s heart is trough his stomach!

Franchise Takeaway