I am grateful
Posted: 30 September 2011 01:32 AM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1174
Joined  2009-11-24

I am so very grateful to all of you on this forum.  I have had the Cake Bible for years but did not find this forum until late 2009.  However, I could not for the life of me figure out the Rose Factor.  And, I often had to pick hard pieces of sugar from my mousseline buttercream.  My go to yellow cake was from Cooks Illustrated.  I used to just test recipes here and there and retest and retest to either make adjustments or move on to another recipe.  And, of course, I never made a different size cake than the recipe called for. 

Now, of course, I have a thermometer, and a scale, and cannot understand why I could not understand the Rose Factor.  I can even make a successful different size cake for cakes in TCB or RHC to which the Rose factor does not even apply.  Now, I still need much more (signifcantly more) practice piping and decorating.  I have the courage to try!!!!

My sister, who from sibling rivalry I guess, generally does not complement my baking.  She does admit to really liking the Grand Marnier cake.  She had me bake it for a special event for her office (retirement party).  (I will have to find the photo she took to post.)

Meanwhile, although I am content with the original Mousselline process, I am this moment using the new one.  Just for kicks.  I had a craving for yellow cake with vanilla mousseline.  Nothing new….just wanted that cake.  So while letting the meringue cool, I thought I would write HOW OH SO VERY GRATEFUL I AM TO ROSE AND YOU WHO POSTS AND ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO ANSWER QUESTIONS AND SHARE!!! 

P.S.  I have been baking but not posting (just lurking and appreciating your questions, tips, and posts.

Signature 

So many recipes - so little time.

Posted: 30 September 2011 11:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4781
Joined  2008-04-16

What a nice post, so glad you’ve become one of us!  smile

Hope you post a few pics.

Signature 

B&T Blog:  Cultured Butter Recipe

Posted: 30 September 2011 05:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1174
Joined  2009-11-24

Yes, Julie, I will make it a point to get more photos

Signature 

So many recipes - so little time.

Posted: 02 October 2011 10:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  25
Joined  2011-09-24

Would like to echo the gratitude! This whole site with all its information, tips, inspiration and ideas is just fabulous! THANK YOU all very much!

Posted: 03 October 2011 11:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3147
Joined  2010-04-25

Another echo!!!  The shared information, experiences, ideas, thoughts and advice found here are not only incredibly helpful, but incredibly inspiring, as well!