Cupcakes and cream cheese frosting
Posted: 03 October 2011 10:57 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  35
Joined  2011-03-06

I was wondering if anyone had a recipe for a cream cheese frosting that I could pipe onto cupcakes. I normally use the cream cheese recipe from Rose’s books but find that I can’t pipe it as it is not stable enough. Any tips?

Also, if i use cream cheese frosting on my cupcakes do they need to go in the fridge overnight?

Posted: 04 October 2011 12:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  25
Joined  2011-09-24

Here is a simple recipe that I use, and it works well for me. Just make sure that it is not too warm, as it gets runny (i.e. if you microwave it after it was refridgerated). This is a big batch, so may just do a half.

3 c powdered sugar
1.5 lb. cream cheese (room temp.)
3/4 lb. salted butter (room temp.) (or if using unsalted, add a little salt).

Mix everything together in an electric mixer with the blade attachment (not whisk). Start carefully, so that the powdered sugar does not “explode”, then gradually move unto full speed. Scrape the sides a couple of times to make sure everything is incorporated. Mix until the mixture is white and smooth ( as compared to yellowish and having small lumps).

Yes, I would refridgerate them.

Posted: 04 October 2011 12:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  35
Joined  2011-03-06

great, I will try this, and you have had no problems with piping this? Does it go soft after sitting out for a bit?

Posted: 04 October 2011 02:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-09-24

If it sits in a warm/hot area for a while it will get soft. Last week I used this icing piped on cupcakes for a wedding where it sat for several hours outside ( it was a cool day though) and it was perfect.

Posted: 21 October 2011 08:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-09-24

Hi hrob,
Did you try this? How did it work?

‹‹ Can you help me?      Soupy Mess Butter Cream ››