NEW Cupcake Bakeware!!
Posted: 04 October 2011 01:21 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2011-10-04

Fellow Bakers,

The “HOT ROD” cupcake / muffin hole maker. No more wasting cake when you use the core devices. Creates 12 holes simultaneously. Need your feedback and support in making this a reality for mass production.

Thanks,
Upkar

Image Attachments
IMG_4012 2.jpgIMG_4023 2.jpgIMG_4037 2.jpgIMG_4033 2.jpg

Posted: 04 October 2011 05:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1352
Joined  2008-09-27

Pretty cool.  I’m assuming that it only includes the top part of the device and not the muffin pan?  If so, I wonder how well it will fit all muffin pans on the market?  Also, it would be nice if the rods tapered so that the hole in the exterior was smaller than the hole on the inside of the cupcake.

Signature 

If error is corrected whenever it is recognized as such, the path of error is the path of truth.

—Hans Reichenbach

Posted: 04 October 2011 08:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-10-04

Charles,

Thank you for your response, and positivity. I actually designed it to fit standard size muffin pans. You are correct that I wanted it to be made and sold alone, but I realize that cannot be the case now. It must be sold as a 2 pice set (with an accompanying muffin pan). The only way to have it fit all manufacturer pans is by making it adjustable somehow, and that would take me back to the drawing board. As for the taper, I was told that it would have to be slightly tapered for mass production. I actually wanted the hole to be the same size thru-out and possibly bigger. This will allow for fillings like jams to be spooned in and for larger solid fillings like a Hersheys Kiss to be popped in. The size on top shouldn’t matter so much b/c most people frost their cupcakes and it will get covered in the end. Again, thank you so much for you response.

-Upkar

Posted: 05 October 2011 07:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  632
Joined  2008-01-24

I like it too. I guess the production units would be cast so the pins would end up with a draft angle. I don’t think the taper should interfere with the intended purpose. Have you had any problems with the muffins sticking to the pins? It would be nice if the matching muffin pan indexed with the pin grid in some way. Getting the pins off center or having the pins move on the way into the oven would be a hassle.

Signature 

“This pizza is a symphony of flavors”

Posted: 05 October 2011 11:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-10-04

Gene,

Thank you for your great comment. As long as the pins are properly greased, they slide out with no problem. I actually had it field tested at 3 bakeries and they had no problem removing the device. You are correct in saying that the device should be indexed with it’s pan. I’m not sure if it’s clear from the pictures but there are 4 posts holding it on top of the muffin pan. I wanted a groove inserted in the pan that served as the proverbial lock to the post (key).

-Upkar

Posted: 06 October 2011 02:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-10-04

NEW PICTURES!!

Image Attachments
IMG_3944.jpgIMG_3968.jpgIMG_4003.jpg

Posted: 06 October 2011 02:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-10-04

MORE PICS!

Image Attachments
IMG_6980.jpgIMG_7011.jpgIMG_7015.jpg

Posted: 10 February 2012 02:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  81
Joined  2008-08-16

Are these pans available?  Am I correct in that the center post is removable from the pan so you can still use pan liners?  I would love this as I hate the tedium of using an apple corer.  I do put a “plug” back in after I fill them but I could just fill the hole with the filling… Sooo where do I get these beauties?  Hope they are a nice baking weight and not too pricey… thanks, Pat

Posted: 10 February 2012 09:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1554
Joined  2011-02-17

What a cool product upkar82! Congratulations and good luck with it.

When it becomes available, I will get one.

Posted: 30 August 2012 04:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2012-08-30

Hi

What a great idea, think this could be a good subject for our blog next month.

I think our readers would love it.

Happy baking..

Signature 

Cupcake Sparkle
Cupcake Decorations from the UK
Find us at: http://www.cupcakesparkle.co.uk Happy Baking…

Posted: 31 August 2012 02:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-10-04

Thank You Cupcake Sparkle, I would be delighted to see what others think. As of right now, I am looking to sell the patent to any large commercial cupcake chain. I think it will increase their productivity by making baking more efficient. It seems some of the bakeware companies like Wilton are not interested. Thanks again.

Posted: 31 August 2012 06:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  596
Joined  2007-11-27

Consider approaching some of the pan manufacturers - Chicago Metallic makes pans for consumers as well as the professional trade.  I have a dozen commercial size pans in each size: jumbo, medium and mini so for this to be useful in my commercial setting, I need it to fit what I already have (because these cupcake/muffin pans cost about 800; we had an order for 3000 mini cupcakes last December and I needed to be able to scoop 500 at a time to make things efficient.)

See if someone like JB Prince, NYCake and Baking, Pfeil and Holing or Kerekes is interested…..

Signature 

I Dream of Jeanne Cakes selected by Brides Magazine as one of their 100 Favorite Bakers (2013)

Posted: 31 August 2012 10:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-10-04

Thank you Jeanne, I will definitely try those bakeware companies.

Posted: 19 December 2012 08:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2012-12-19

Thanks dear for this helping post…

Signature 

spanish-language-lessons   http://spanish-language-lessons.com
testkingworld testkingworld.com
ccent-certification-training http://www.testkingworld.com/ccent-certification-training.asp
mcts-certification-training http://www.testkingworld.com/mcts-certification-training.asp

Posted: 11 January 2013 07:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  185
Joined  2012-05-23

They look ok, definitely i should order.

Signature 

The way to man’s heart is trough his stomach!

Franchise Takeaway