Aluminum in the Dishwasher
Posted: 20 October 2011 10:41 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1333
Joined  2008-09-27

The latest Consumer Reports ratings show which detergents don’t affect aluminum.  Among those which have no effect are Finish Quantum, Cascade Complete All in 1 ActionPacs, Cascade with Dawn ActionPacs.

Signature 

If error is corrected whenever it is recognized as such, the path of error is the path of truth.

—Hans Reichenbach

Posted: 20 October 2011 11:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1153
Joined  2009-11-24

Thank you, Charles.  That is good to know, especially since I am using Finish.  Of course, I typically wash my pans by hand—-no room in the dishwasher

Signature 

So many recipes - so little time.

Posted: 21 October 2011 07:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4746
Joined  2008-04-16

Looking forward to trying it.  smile

Signature 

B&T Blog:  Ultimate Cinnamon Rolls

Posted: 21 October 2011 08:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1534
Joined  2011-02-17

I use the little Cascade bundles, All In One but I haven’t put my aluminum baking pans in the dishwasher yet. I’m glad to know I can put them in if I want to. Thank you.

Posted: 27 October 2011 08:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  192
Joined  2010-04-11

Oh wow! That would be great if it didn’t harm them! When I lived in the States I used cascade all-in-1 packs and it messed up a few pans I negligently ran through the DW, a cookie pan and a pressure cooker pot LOL. I haven’t tried it since. I wonder if they reformulated them? Let us know if you try it! This would be a huge time saver! Thanks for posting!

Signature 

http://www.vanillaexpressions.com

Posted: 22 February 2012 12:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1333
Joined  2008-09-27
Jemoiselle - 27 October 2011 11:17 AM

Oh wow! That would be great if it didn’t harm them! When I lived in the States I used cascade all-in-1 packs and it messed up a few pans I negligently ran through the DW, a cookie pan and a pressure cooker pot LOL. I haven’t tried it since. I wonder if they reformulated them? Let us know if you try it! This would be a huge time saver! Thanks for posting!

Cascade All-In-One is one of the products which isn’t supposed to turn aluminum gray.  Well, it didn’t.  It turned it yellow.  :-(.  I will be attempting some metal polish to restore the silvery shine to my Magic Line pan.  And Finish Quantum did some ugly things to my aluminum coated steel pans from Williams-Sonoma, which have a different finish from the Magic Line pans.

Signature 

If error is corrected whenever it is recognized as such, the path of error is the path of truth.

—Hans Reichenbach

Posted: 22 February 2012 02:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1534
Joined  2011-02-17

Charles, I don’t know if Bar Keeper’s Friend would work for aluminum, as their site mentions not to use it on anodized aluminum; but, it is a great metal polisher/cleaner.

Posted: 12 June 2012 11:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2012-05-17

My wife put our pressure cooker in the DW and it got discolored badly.
We use regular Cascade powder—it may be an indication of over dosage.
I prefer washing larger pots by hand, but the Mrs. really likes the sterilizing from the DW.

‹‹ Cake Pans      Microwave Oven : Help :( ››