Pumpkin Chiffon Pie
Posted: 24 November 2011 11:00 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  146
Joined  2010-03-30

I didn’t have a chance to take a picture, but after owning the Pie and Pastry Bible since it was first published, and making the Great Pumpkin Pie every year since, I somehow, accidentally discovered the recipe for the Pumpkin Chiffon pie.  Wow! It is sublime! I made both the old standby—Great Pumpkin Pie—and the Pumpkin Chiffon, and the chiffon was the winner by a mile! I can’t wait to make the cranberry chiffon next.  The gingersnap crust was delicious and the spices are perfect.  There are a couple of slices left, but they’re not very pretty because someone already took a fork right to the pie in the pan… wink

Posted: 25 November 2011 07:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4791
Joined  2008-04-16
BakerJD - 25 November 2011 03:00 AM

There are a couple of slices left, but they’re not very pretty because someone already took a fork right to the pie in the pan… wink

Well then, it must have been good!  LOL 

That’s great to hear.  Someone else brought the pumpkin pie to our gathering this year, but I’ve been itching to make the pumpkin chiffon, perhaps I’ll make one just for the family.  I’ve also been wanting to test-freeze one, as it would be a big bonus to find a pumpkin pie that can be prepared completely ahead and frozen, so that all I had to do on Thanksgiving was defrost.

Signature 

Brød & Taylor Test Kitchen:  How to Make Sourdough More (or Less) Sour