2 of 2
Hard Decision - Which Rose book to get…?
Posted: 25 December 2011 04:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  146
Joined  2010-03-30

I have TCB, TP&PB;, TBB, And RHC. I use all of them and especially use TCB for reference, more complicated techniques and recipes, and also to create my own cakes.  That said, as a beginner, you can’t go wrong with Rose’s Heavenly Cakes. You can learn technique while having specific, guided instruction right down to using a specific type of pan. The photographs let you know what the finished product should look like, and even the simples cakes, like the chocolate banana stud cake look magnificent. Of course, if you are looking to build your cookbook library with books that are not simply trendy but will stand the test of time, add The Joy of Cooking to the list and then buy them all!

Posted: 30 December 2011 09:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2011-12-30

I bought RHC, and I will be going from the start of the book, to the end of the book, skipping the chocolate cakes. I have other cake books, but this one, is, by far, the best one I own.

Posted: 14 January 2012 12:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2011-09-06

I have 2 of hers & love both of them.  Her Christmas Cookies Book and Rose’s Celebrations.  I hope to pick up more along the way.  They are fantastic.

2 of 2

‹‹ Daisy Cake pan!!!????      Grrrrr ››