Apricot Cheesecake Tart
Posted: 09 December 2011 01:11 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  880
Joined  2009-05-25

This lovely tart has caught my eye and I’m hoping to bake it for the holidays; I’ve purchased all of the ingredients but cannot find canned apricots (or fresh for that matter, but not in season, so that’s fine).  Could I subsitute canned peaches for the apricots?  I recall reading that peaches don’t work well in cheesecake, but I could be mistaken.  I have some time and am hoping to land some canned apricots, but I want a back up plan in the event they aren’t available here.

Posted: 09 December 2011 12:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  281
Joined  2011-10-15

Sherrie, I’m not sure why they wouldn’t be interchangeable - I believe their water content is similar; I’ve also seen quite a few cheesecake recipes using canned peaches in the batter.  (I’m curious to know what the real answer is smile ). But, you definitely don’t want to buy out of season fresh apricots….I just returned from grocery shopping and the fresh (which were far from ripe) were 10.99/kg in my neck of the woods (Toronto)!!!

Sophia

Posted: 09 December 2011 03:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  880
Joined  2009-05-25

Found canned apricots at Safeway (Sobeys and Superstore did not sell them!)  Woo hoo!  On to the tart!

‹‹ cobbler recipe      Maple Syrup Substitution ››