freezing whipped cream
Posted: 20 December 2011 01:55 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2011-11-28

OK, I am preparing a chocolate cake roll and I want to fill it with a Swiss mocha whipped cream which consist of 2 cups heavy cream, 1/2 cup powdered sugar and 1 1/2 tsp. Swiss mocha powdered flavoring,( which has me zzinging right now, lol) My question is can I freeze the cake with the whipped cream filling in it on Tuesday, ice and put in refridge. on Friday and serve on Saturday with no flaws. Oh, and also, am I wrong by thinking that the powdered sugar will stabilize the whipped cream sufficiently. Your help is so greatly appreciated. I am actually making 14 of these and being honest it is my first go at this. The cake part is what I believe to be right on point.

Posted: 20 December 2011 11:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  901
Joined  2009-05-25

HI Baker51,

Without other stabilizing ingredients in the whipped cream, it is likely that the cream won’t stabilize enough.  You can use gelatin (Rose has directions) or Julie (one of the Moderators on the forum) has posted a great discovery that uses tapioca starch to stabilize whipped cream—I recently used her method to stabilize a whipped cream mousse—it worked wonderfully.  http://www.realbakingwithrose.com/index_ee.php/forums/viewthread/3984/

Good luck!  I’d love to see the results!

Posted: 20 December 2011 12:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1419
Joined  2007-11-15

It ur cream is 36% or higher it will freeze fine as a cake filling or frosting.  I wouldn’t freeze it prior applying in the cake.

Signature 

http://myyellowkitchen.com/index-equipment-html/

Posted: 06 January 2012 12:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2011-11-28

Thank you for your help, everything worked out perfect. Will be posting pics. as soon as I can find the time.

Posted: 13 January 2012 03:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2011-09-06

I read this topic & thank you very much for posting what to do.  I’m an OK baker but want to be a better one so all these tips really help.  I was wondering about the whipped cream issue, now I know.  Thanks for the advice.