Simple Sacaduros Question
Posted: 21 December 2011 06:20 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2010-11-04

This is a simple sacaduros question. I have made them twice with some success. The question: I assume when the recipe calls for hearth bread dough that I should take the dough through the two risings and then begin to make the rolls according to the sacaduros recipe. Yes?

Posted: 21 December 2011 09:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4783
Joined  2008-04-16

Yes, I think you’re doing the right thing.  I take it to mean that you follow the hearth bread recipe up until shaping, then you shape and fill according to the sacaduros recipe.  They look like lovely little buns, how did you like them?

Signature 

B&T Blog:  Cultured Butter Recipe

Posted: 22 December 2011 12:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2010-11-04

Normally I bake a version of oven cloud rolls for family gatherings. This Thanksgiving I tried sacaduros. All had one and loved them (even though they weren’t perfect). I baked a larger batch for our Christmas gathering (December 10). There were none left for adults (still not perfect). I just finished a double batch of about 70 rolls and tweaked the recipe. They look great! I let them rise after forming for another 20 minutes or so… just the ticket!

Posted: 22 December 2011 09:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4783
Joined  2008-04-16

Thanks for reporting your success and your tweak- they sound very popular! smile

Signature 

B&T Blog:  Cultured Butter Recipe