Corn Muffins
Posted: 22 December 2011 08:15 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2011-02-24

My favorite muffin of all time are Corn Muffins.  The only problem I find in most commercial corn muffins is that they are far too sweet for my taste.  I prefer a more corn taste and texture rather than a sweet taste.

I finally decided to give Rose’s corn muffin recipe a shot.  Let me tell you all that I have never baked a muffin or cupcake before, so I was a bit nervous. I know…I shouldn’t get overly worked up when baking or cooking but I do…I want everything to turn out perfect.  Whether cooking or baking…or even building cabinets (I do work working as well) I will “do” a project in my head a thousand times before I step into it and do it for real.  I will mentally go through the process of gathering all the equipment (in GREAT detail I may add), weighing the ingredients, mixing, baking…the whole nine yards…all in my head and many, many times (I know…I’m showing my neurosis but we all get to be anonymous on the interweb so I don’t mind sharing my psychosis…hehe)

Anyway…I woke up this morning and decided that I am going to finally attempt these muffins so that I can have them with my coffee for breakfast.  WOW am I glad I did.

They were much easier than I anticipated and because I had mixed and baked them a thousand times in my head it was like second nature in some ways.

I can not begin to tell you how delicious I found these corn muffins to be.  And come Christmas morning I will be baking a batch to bring to my family to share.  I can’t wait for their reaction.  If you like corn muffins I highly recommend you give Rose’s recipe a shot.  The recipe is in her Bread Bible book.

Thanks Rose for yet another great recipe.  The results can not be beat!

Mike

Posted: 22 December 2011 09:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4783
Joined  2008-04-16

Glad they were a success!  I haven’t tried them but I have made the blueberry muffins and the corn fingers, both of which were amazing.  Carrot bread is tasty, too smile

Signature 

B&T Blog:  Cultured Butter Recipe

Posted: 22 December 2011 11:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3147
Joined  2010-04-25

Congratulatios, Mike!  I wish I were at your house on Christmas morning—corn muffins (and corn bread any way you want to serve it to me) is one of my favorite things!  That was great what you said about having mixed and baked them a thousand times—I do the same thing —- read the recipe about a thousand times, sleep on it, dream about it, read it again, wonder about someting, refer back….I think it’s half the fun!!

Welcome to the board—looking forward to hearing about more of your baking!

Posted: 22 December 2011 11:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2011-11-23

I really enjoyed reading all of your posts on this thread. I’ve been reading this forum for a few months now and this is my first post.

My favorite is cornbread of any form, too.

Lyny

Posted: 23 December 2011 06:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  632
Joined  2008-01-24

I love corn muffins! I like to use this cornmeal/polenta in my muffins. It has a much stronger corn flavor and orange color.
http://www.delaestancia.com/006_content.shtml
It can be hard to find. But, it is worth searching out.

Signature 

“This pizza is a symphony of flavors”

Posted: 23 December 2011 07:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4783
Joined  2008-04-16

Thanks for the recommendation, Gene, I’m going to look for that brand!

Signature 

B&T Blog:  Cultured Butter Recipe

‹‹ Dog Bones      Double Chocolate Valentine ››