Hi <waves>
Posted: 27 May 2008 06:12 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2008-05-27

I’m BeeMama, a 40 something Mom who grew up baking, but decided when I was in my 20s that I was so done with that. But after living on cardboard and air for 20 years, I have come back into the fold. I bought the Bread Bible, and soon the other books decorated my shelf.

I not only use the books, I actually love to read them too. Odd huh?

At this point I mostly make Rose’s incredibly soft sandwich bread. I would like to introduce some wheat bread into the home, but the family isn’t quite ready to make that transition. If anybody has any ideas how to make wheat bread as soft as the soft sandwich bread, I’d really love to hear them.

I have also discovered the chocolate pound cake, and have put fresh strawberries on it, only to discover that I didn’t even get a piece!

For my daughter’s birthday, she requested the chocolate cake roll, filled with fresh whipped cream and fresh strawberries. I used Rose’s suggestions for making stabilized whipped cream, and the cake held up through the Build-A-Bear stuffing exercises.

I’m no expert, by any means, but I am learning and frankly, I think that my version of the soft sandwich bread is incredibly good.

So hi! <waves and smiles>

BeeMama

Posted: 27 May 2008 07:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2568
Joined  2007-11-15

Pleased to meet you BeeMama!  You should be totally addicted to this site in no time smile.

Signature 

Come visit my blog at

http://butteryum.blogspot.com

Posted: 27 May 2008 11:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1429
Joined  2007-11-18

Welcome BeeMama! Rose is working on a whole wheat sandwich bread which she says kids will love.

Signature 

http://heavenlycakesenjoyedonearth.blogspot.com/

Posted: 28 May 2008 12:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  95
Joined  2007-11-05

what a delightful post! and i have good news for you—i’ve worked out a half whole wheat bread that’s almost as soft as the soft white and even more delicious—great for sandwiches. i’ll be posting it in one or two weeks!

Posted: 28 May 2008 04:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  764
Joined  2007-11-15

What a welcome, it can’ get much better than this!!!  There is always something going on here, you’ll find it very interesting I’m sure. LOL

Posted: 28 May 2008 02:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2008-05-27

Thank you so much for the welcome. I am already addicted I fear.

I will be SO very interested in the wheat sandwich bread. My family needs the roughage! And I believe that good wheat bread is one of the delights of life. As well as being good for you.

Though come to think of it, maybe I should just go whole hog and make a dense, chewy whole wheat loaf. Then I wouldn’t be baking bread three times a week! I baked a loaf of cinnamon-cranberry and a loaf of plain white bread last night.

They’re both gone. And there are only 3 of us! And I didn’t even get a piece of the white bread. Hmph.

Also, I have discovered that the incredibly soft sandwich bread makes for incredibly wonderful garlic bread to go with the lasagna I made last night.

BeeMama

Posted: 30 May 2008 05:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  170
Joined  2008-04-29

Welcome, Bee Mama!
I am pretty new around here too and yes, addicted.

Signature 

http://scratch.typepad.com/
http://www.milkglassbaking.com

Posted: 01 June 2008 08:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  102
Joined  2008-04-28

Welcome BeeMama! I think you will find (as I have) that this blog is full of the most fantastic group of helpful and knowledgeable bakers, professionals and home cooks who are always generous with their suggestions, ideas and support!
Looking forward to having you around!

Posted: 06 June 2008 03:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1031
Joined  2007-11-21

Howdy Bee Mama…did I say Howdy?  I don’t say Howdy?  Anyway…glad to have you join our group! I think you will find all kinds of interesting, strange, extrodinary, remarkable people here…who are all eager to help and share info.  It is definitely the highlight of my work day…when I can steal a few minutes to see what everyone is up to.