KA fruit & vegetable strainer
Posted: 06 January 2012 04:25 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  339
Joined  2009-01-22

Today I tried to make a raspberry puree with the KA fruit & vegetable strainer and things didn’t work out as well as I had hoped it would. I read some reviews online and some said they had no problems with raspberries. Some said it was a complete mess for them and this was pretty much what I experienced. I was wondering if any of you have this attachment? If so, have you tried running raspberries through it and how did it work for you? I’m wondering if there is something different I can do to make this work better for me. It ground the raspberries really well, but it didn’t strain as much of the seeds as it should have. There were a lot of seeds that made it through the mesh screen. Not only that, but in the end I ended up with only 1/4 cup of puree rather than the cup I should have been able to get from 24 ounces of frozen raspberries. This was after I pressed the KA-processed puree through a fine mesh strainer by hand. Any advice on how I can make this strainer work better?

Thanks,
MP

Posted: 06 January 2012 11:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1554
Joined  2011-02-17

When I made the raspberries, I used a strainer. Next time, I will try a food mill. They have many uses other than baking. I love the way it makes mashed potatoes.

Posted: 10 October 2013 07:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  682
Joined  2012-01-12

I have seen some people on TV, I think it was either Giada or Ina Gaarten made this, but they first cook the Raspberries ‘til it got soft and that was easier to deal with.