Chocolate Sour Cream Cake
Posted: 17 January 2012 01:36 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  156
Joined  2011-06-02

Hey everybody,
I just read a recipe on Nigella Lawson’s book “How To Be a Domestic Goddess” of a cake called Sour Cream Chocolate Cake with Sour Cream Icing, and Nigella credited it to Rose. I’ve searched the cake bible for the recipe but I have yet to find the recipe. The closest recipe i have found is the domingo, but that’s not close enough.

Nigella’s recipe is quite similar to this one: http://www.nigella.com/recipes/view/old-fashioned-chocolate-cake-119
only there’s a slight difference in the butter [200g instead of 175], leavening agents [3/4 tsp b. powder and 1/4 tsp soda vs. 1 tsp. powder and 1/2 tsp. soda] and vanilla [1.5 tsps vs. 2].
Does anybody know what is Rose’s recipe? I’m just interested to see the difference in ingredients and methods.

Thank you all in advance!

Signature 

McBrownie.

Posted: 17 January 2012 04:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4789
Joined  2008-04-16

It sounds like everything is exactly the same as the domingo except the flour, which is more.  I’d say either the flour is a typo or else there’s something about the UK version of the Domingo that is intentionally different, like maybe they need a different formula for thier unbleached flour.  But I’ve never heard that as a fix for unbleached flour.

Signature 

Brød & Taylor Test Kitchen:  How to Make Sourdough More (or Less) Sour

Posted: 19 January 2012 04:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  156
Joined  2011-06-02

Thanks Julie!!

Signature 

McBrownie.