How to pour Ganache on Cake?
Posted: 18 January 2012 11:09 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-01-18

Hi fellow bakers im new to the site and hope to learn a lot form this wonderful forum. Iv gone thru the sea of information u all r sharing here. Keep it up.

I have a question regarding pouring ganache on a cake. how to pour a ganache with perfection like we see in pictures.

I feel that when i will pour the ganache on my cake , the cake with absorb some of the ganache and will show an uneven holed appearance. is it true? coz iv seen in videos that they directly pour the ganache on the cake and get a smooth satiny apperance. How should i prepare this ganache. could u plz share ur tried and tested recipe and tips and tricks

Thanx a lot.

Posted: 18 January 2012 01:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  903
Joined  2009-05-25

Welcome Salmah.

Rose has recipes for Ganache—The Cake Bible has a great glaze that works well for what you are describing.  Generally, to get the smoothest appearance, it is best to do 2 thin coats.  Pour directly in the centre and let it cascade off.  Touching up ganache does not work very well.  Make extra so that you have enough to completely cover the cake.  Also, don’t stir very much as it will create bubbles.

The cake doesn’t really absorb the ganache if it is at the correct temp. (stated in the recipe).