White Chocolate brownie glaze
Posted: 10 February 2012 04:27 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  138
Joined  2010-01-18

I am helping plan/cater a special event where numerous ladies will be contributing identical desserts. I would like to have them make a very dark, simple, economical recipe of brownies, to be glazed with a White Chocolate Ganache Glaze. The glaze must be thick enough to cover without the brownie showing through, and be soft enough for us to cleanly and easily cut them into tiny squares. Does anyone have recipes or ideas on proportions of chocloate and cream (and corn syrup??) for this type of glaze? Many thanks and I look forward to hearing from you and trying this!

Posted: 10 February 2012 05:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  917
Joined  2009-05-25

Too funny, I was thinking of doing the same thing with some heart shaped brownies for valentines day so I could pipe some red hearts on and actually see them!  I was going to experiment…I suspect you may find 2 coats would work better than 1.

Posted: 10 February 2012 05:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  138
Joined  2010-01-18

I just discovered the suggestion for White Chocolate Ganache in another of my favorite baking sources (In The Sweet Kitchen). Because White Choc is softer than regular, it suggests 8 oz of white chocolate to 3/4 c. hot cream. More warm cream may be added if required to reach spreading consistency. Any feedback?

Posted: 10 February 2012 06:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1363
Joined  2008-09-27

I did a white chocolate glaze on brownies once, but I didn’t care for it…..it subtracted from the wonderful chocolate hit that’s the main reason to eat brownies in the first place.  It’s sort of like stepping on the gas and holding the brake at the same time.

If I had to glaze, I’d probably try an espresso glaze.

Signature 

If error is corrected whenever it is recognized as such, the path of error is the path of truth.

—Hans Reichenbach