Red and White Velvet Raspberry Cake
Posted: 24 February 2012 04:23 PM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1179
Joined  2009-11-24

Hopefully, the owner will send a photo of a slice….. This is two layer - one white velvet and one Red Velvet.  Raspberry Buttercream and Raspberry Puree between the layers and Raspberry Jam/Puree Whipped Cream on the outside…and as you can see Raspberries atop. 

The puree is delicious!!!!!! Just delicious.  Starting from RHC Raspberry Jam Whipped Cream, I used just 1/2 seedless raspberry jam, and 1/2 raspberry puree to which I added 1 tsp of gelatin. (Thanks to Sophia).  It spreads nicely enough….. I do not know what stable should be like.  I would like more stability..will have to practice.  So this cake will need to stay refrigerated. 

(And, yes…no time for playing with the photography….)

Edited to add second photo

Image Attachments
rasp7.jpgSlicedRaspberrySm.jpg
 Signature 

So many recipes - so little time.

Posted: 24 February 2012 09:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4791
Joined  2008-04-16

Congratulations, it looks lovely!  I also hope they send a picture of a slice, so we can see and admire all the components!

Signature 

Brød & Taylor Test Kitchen:  How to Make Sourdough More (or Less) Sour

Posted: 24 February 2012 11:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3168
Joined  2010-04-25

That is really pretty, and the inside sounds beautiful, with its varying shades of red and white!!!  Sounds delicious, too!

Posted: 25 February 2012 09:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  291
Joined  2011-10-15

It’s as pretty and girly as I thought it would be….looks lovely, and sounds delicious.

CRenee - 24 February 2012 08:23 PM

It spreads nicely enough….. I do not know what stable should be like.  I would like more stability..will have to practice.  So this cake will need to stay refrigerated.

In my experience, stabilized cream remains as firmly whipped as you’ve made it and is slightly spongy, doesn’t “melt” while you’re working with it, can be mounded/piped without the shapes collapsing and doesn’t water out on standing; I don’t think adding gelatin changes food safety much so the cream should be refrigerated…....Rose says it keeps at room temperature for 2 hours.

Posted: 25 February 2012 12:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-11-24

Thank you, Everyone.  I did receive a photo of the cut cake…..young single man taunting single women on Facebook (LOL). 

Thank you Sophia, I did observe 2 hours only out of the fridge.  I think what you describe is close to what I accomplished.  I will, of course, still do some more testing.  After this combination I am thinking what else can I do with Raspberry Whipped Cream….

Shame I mistakenly put a tsp of coconut in the Red Velvet and had to do it again.  The combo of flavors even with the coconut is delicious.

Signature 

Posted: 25 February 2012 01:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  682
Joined  2012-01-12

That came out very nice..  what a good combination.

Posted: 26 February 2012 08:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  106
Joined  2011-09-03

That looks and sounds absolutely delicious!!!

Posted: 26 February 2012 11:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3168
Joined  2010-04-25

Wow! The inside looks great, too!!  Really tall layers!  So beautiful!

Posted: 27 February 2012 12:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-11-24
Anne in NC - 27 February 2012 03:07 AM

Wow! The inside looks great, too!!  Really tall layers!  So beautiful!

Thank you Anne.  It was plain fun making a single 6” layer….using hand mixer like the old days.  LOL

Signature