2 of 2
What recipe would you like to see in Rose’s new Baking Bible?
Posted: 22 July 2012 01:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  592
Joined  2007-11-27

A bete noire recipe; that explains the purpose of the sugar syrup added to the chocolate mixture and why some beat whole eggs with sugar to a foam and then add the chocolate, and other recipes add whole eggs to the chocolate/sugar mixture…...

Signature 

I Dream of Jeanne Cakes selected by Brides Magazine as one of their 100 Favorite Bakers (2013)

Posted: 23 April 2013 12:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  939
Joined  2009-09-16

1.  Opera cake
2.  Dobos Torte
3.  Candy, like fudge, truffles, salted caramels, peanut brittle.
4.  More cupcake recipes.
5.  A whole section on mini desserts!!!
6.  New York Style Cheesecake and coconut cream pie

Am I asking too much   LOL

Posted: 24 April 2013 06:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1329
Joined  2008-09-27
CRenee - 26 February 2012 02:44 PM

A strawberry cake yes!!!  I wanted to create a neopolitan cake recently and could not figure out how to strawberry cake…most everything I found used a box mix and gelatin.

There’s a Cook’s Country recipe out there that makes a Strawberry juice reduction. Microwave 10 ounces of frozen strawberries, strain, and reduce the 3/4 down to 1/4. They cake they used that in is very similar to Rose’s White Velvet cake, except that they replace 1/4 of the milk with the strawberry reduction.

Their cake uses less flour and more eggs, and mine fell quite a lot. I watched the Cook’s Country video on the cake, and it looks like theirs fell, too. grin I’d probably use Rose’s recipe if I did it again. Regardless, it was very good and people just loved it. It won’t be pink, so you’d need to add a few drops of coloring.

Signature 

If error is corrected whenever it is recognized as such, the path of error is the path of truth.

—Hans Reichenbach

2 of 2