Kitchen Aid Customer Service
Posted: 29 February 2012 01:05 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  923
Joined  2009-05-25

My hubby got me one of the new 7qt. Kitchen Aid mixers for Christmas!  I have been so pleased with it—I’ve been able to do 1 batch of bread per week (instead of 2 or more with the Artisan) for our family—not to mention I can do up large batches of mouselline!  That said, I ran into my first snag with it when I was making pasta with the old pasta press (uses the food grinder hub and special pasta plates).  The attachment didn’t sit in the hub properly and it spun around and I ended up with the hub cover breaking off.  Kudos to Kitchen Aid for replacing the mixer….fast forward to last week when the replacement mixer arrived and I was super pumped to get baking again after a week of withdrawl, only to notice a significant scratch on the back.  They offered to replace the mixer again or a rebate to cover the cosmetic defect.  I’m thinking I will go with the replacement—only because it’s such a nice piece of equipment and if I’m in a different kitchen it’s possible the back will be noticeable. 

That said, I’ve been generally impressed with the service—except that they aren’t really focussed on rectifying the problem of the attachment not properly sitting in the hub.  I have a grain mill that sits in fine (non-KA brand), but the problematic attachment is off by about 1/8th of an inch.  The pasta plates were really a poor design anyway, so I don’t intend to use them again, and I still have my Artisan on which the attachment sits a bit better. 

I hope I don’t get blacklisted after sending back my new mixer (that will be 2 returns!), but if I would have purchased one like it, I most certainly would be returning it.

Posted: 29 February 2012 02:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1618
Joined  2011-02-17

I sent my mixer back after I just bought it. It was leaking oil from the part that turns the beaters.  Their customer service is great.  If I had your issue, I would have handled it the same way as you did.

‹‹ How to use an oven      Non stick Cake Pans ››