Problems with super stabilized whipped cream
Posted: 29 February 2012 06:59 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2008-06-14

I followed the recipe for the super stabilized whipped cream and it seems the gelatin didn’t blend with the cream. i followed the recipe very closely or at least i think i did. instead of very stiff whipped cream, i got very thin strands of gelatin in the cream and just whipped cream. has anyone ever experienced this? any advice on how to do it right next time? thanks! grin

Posted: 01 March 2012 10:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4741
Joined  2008-04-16

I’ve had the same problem- turns out its a temperature issue, the gelatin got a little too cool before incorporating into the cream, and solidified before it could be throughly blended into the cream.  There’s a pretty narrow window for blending it in at the right temperature.  What works for me is to set the timer- I think Rose mentions 7 minutes in the recipe, is that right?  I set the timer and then it always seems to work well.

Signature 

B&T Blog:  Ultimate Cinnamon Rolls

Posted: 23 March 2012 09:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  153
Joined  2007-11-21

Hi Julie - Have you tried the whipped cream stabilizer called cobasan? I know Albert Ulster carries it and I have been meaning to get some.

Signature 

http://bakingsorceressapprentice.blogspot.com

Posted: 26 March 2012 10:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  62
Joined  2010-01-24

I have been using whipped cream stabilizer and I like it. It is easier to use gelatin powder. I got mine from Amazon.

Posted: 03 April 2012 07:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4741
Joined  2008-04-16

Hi Joan, I haven’t tried Cobasan because it gets pretty pricey by the time you pay for both the product and the shipping from A.U., but it works for ice cream as well as whipped cream.  It would be great to try!

Signature 

B&T Blog:  Ultimate Cinnamon Rolls