Chocolate Fudge Birthday Cake
Posted: 06 March 2012 10:08 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  106
Joined  2011-09-03

Thanks to input from some wonderful forum members, the Chocolate Fudge birthday cake with Rose’s Peanut Butter Buttercream and Whipped Peanut Butter Ganache I made for my Honey was a huge success! This was one rich cake, but oh! so good! Sophia was absolutely right that Rose’s PB Buttercream was not overly sweet and a creamy dreamy texture. Although I initially thought that the Whipped Peanut Butter Ganache would have been better with a sweeter chocolate, I was wrong. It balanced perfectly with the cake overall.

I was short on time last week and a real bonus was how quickly the components came together. This combo will be made again!

Image Attachments
Todd Cake.jpgSlice .jpg

Posted: 06 March 2012 10:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  131
Joined  2010-02-24

Georgie, That cakes looks delicious!  I have to try the peanut butter buttercream and gananche.  Thanks for letting us know how good they are.

Posted: 06 March 2012 11:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  291
Joined  2011-10-15

Wow! That looks so decadent! A chocoholic’s dream cake smile

I’m glad all the elements worked well together.

Posted: 06 March 2012 04:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3147
Joined  2010-04-25

It does look decadent—and really delicoius!!!  I love the color contrast between the whipped peanut butter ganache and the peanut butter buttercream!!

Posted: 06 March 2012 04:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1174
Joined  2009-11-24

That really looks and sounds delicious!!!  Now I think I am going to have to give it a try!!  As I have been wanting to to a peanut butter and Chocolate cake.

Signature 

So many recipes - so little time.

Posted: 07 March 2012 07:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  106
Joined  2011-09-03

Thanks All! Decadent is the perfect word for it! The birthday boy loved it and refused to share with anyone after the first serving.

Anne, I think I’m going to have to make the Chocolate Butter Torte and the Chocolate Fudge together for a side-by-side comparison.. The CBT was my favorite, but I’m thinking it’s been dethroned!

Posted: 08 March 2012 10:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3147
Joined  2010-04-25

It was my favorite, too, and now I think it’s been dethroned for me, too!!!!  If you do A-B them, please let me know what you decide!!!!!!

Posted: 08 March 2012 09:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  913
Joined  2009-01-04

I love the choc fudge cake! looks great!

Posted: 09 March 2012 11:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4781
Joined  2008-04-16

Your peanut butter and chocolate cake looks amazing- I’m with Anne, love the color contrast as well as the flavors.

The chocolate fudge cake is up there with the genoise au chocolate for me among layer-type cakes.  smile

Signature 

B&T Blog:  Cultured Butter Recipe