Peanut Butter Cupcake Recipe Needed PLEASE!!!
Posted: 05 April 2012 05:42 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-01-18

Hi fellow bakers,

Iv baked Peanut butter Cupcake twice now but im not satisfied with the result. Could u plz share ur tried and tested PB cupcake recipe with me? Also, the cupcake liners i use peel away from the cupcake after they r baked even though i use WILTON Liners. Do u know why does this happen.

Will really appreciate ur reply.

Thanx

Posted: 05 April 2012 09:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3148
Joined  2010-04-25

I don’t have a recipe for you, but I tried making a peanut butter cake once.  I don’t know a whole lot now, but I really knew NOTHING then, so I simply subbed peanut butter for the butter and I got a very, very dense cake.  I think it’s because PB contributes protein, maybe fiber, and, of course, less fat, all of which will toughen a cake.  That might be why your PB cupcakes have been less satisfactory than you might hope.

I can’t really help you unless that info helps you to play with an existing recipe—finding a way to add lightness and moisture.

That said, maybe you can make a ‘regular’ cupcake and then make a peanut butter mousse to fill them and top with maybe a PB/cream cheese frosting? (Or chocolate, of course.)

Cupcake liners coming off have been discussed over and over here—I don’t know if a conclusion was ever arrived at!  I don’t make cuppies myself, so I can’t contribute there, either.

Posted: 05 April 2012 03:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  105
Joined  2010-12-29

With the liners, I was somewhat successfull by using a spatula to really force the batter into all the nooks and cranies of the wrapper.  They didn’t seem to separate too much. 

With the cake, Martha has one http://www.marthastewart.com/315845/peanut-butter-cupcakes-with-peanut-butter  I ha.ve never made it but her recipes sometimes turn out really well.  I would go more for a spice cake with peanut buttercream.

Posted: 06 April 2012 12:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4783
Joined  2008-04-16

I haven’t tried this, but if I were determined to make peanut butter cupcakes, here’s what I would do:

Start with The Cake Bible’s golden almond cake, and sub ground roasted (but not salted) peanuts for the almonds, and skip the almond extract.  Then, from a jar of natural peanut butter (the kind that separates), I would take a tablespoon or two of the oil that separates out at the top and sub it for a little more than the same volume of the butter.  Another alternative is to buy unrefined peanut oil from the health food store, they sometimes have one that still retains some peanut flavor.  But the flavor of the oil that you skim from the jar will be better- much better.

After that, there’s the peanut butter frosting in Rose’s Heavenly Cakes, or else adding peanut butter and plenty of vanilla to mousseline buttercream.

Good luck and please report back on your results!

Signature 

B&T Blog:  Cultured Butter Recipe

Posted: 06 April 2012 04:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3148
Joined  2010-04-25

OMG, Julie, what aweasome ideas!

Posted: 06 April 2012 05:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1554
Joined  2011-02-17

Oh, it does! My husband loves peanut butter. This is going on my to-do list.